Former TechCrunch Tablet JooJoo Packs Nvidia Ion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeu

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
[citation][nom]LsRamAir[/nom]from the looks of its newly leaked specs, if i can put win7 on it i might bite.[/citation]
It supports win in the upside down mode :) I'm waiting for one that has a small qwerty keyboard, like in slider phones, so I could type with thumbs while holding it.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Originally $199 iirc. Damn shame if you ask me.[/citation]
Too bad. An atom for $200 sounds about right. But for the price, why not use a ULV C2D or a Athlon Neo x2 (or whatever they're called)?

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I haven't heard anything else but I'm still waiting for the court ruling against this company and their other partner there that got the stiff-end-of-the-stick...

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Too bad. An atom for $200 sounds about right. But for the price, why not use a ULV C2D or a Athlon Neo x2 (or whatever they're called)?[/citation]
Because it would cost more...

CTPAHHIK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Too bad. An atom for $200 sounds about right. But for the price, why not use a ULV C2D or a Athlon Neo x2 (or whatever they're called)?[/citation]

Intel ULV C2D or AMD Neo will decimate battery life to nothing. We are stuck with old and trusted Atom - ground breaking achievement from Intel - that can barely do word processing.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
I have noticed a few netbooks sporting a Celeron 743, not the fastest in the world but compared to the Atom may as well be a Core i7. I wonder how difficult it would be to get one in a tablet instead of a netbook to make Win 7 run peachy fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.