Question Forza Horizon 4 not launching

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Just bought Forza 4 from Microsoft store and it doesn't seem to launch. There is no error, no window opening, no nothing. The game can be seen in the task manager, consuming 20% CPU and 190 MB RAM.
Reinstalling didn't work, launching from shortcut, store itself didn't work.

I don't think this is a spec issue, since my PC runs all games at playable framerate (except COD Warzone).

My Specs:
GT 1030 DDR5 EXOC
Core i5 3470
12 GB RAM 1600 MHZ
Coolermaster MWE Bronze 450 watt 80+

All Temps below 70 under full load.

from forza support page:
The game does not explicitly support and may even see certain applications/software as a conflict or threat and as such refuse to run, or run with crashes.

Disable ALL background software or applications including, Antivirus, Firewalls, and any FPS boosting or monitoring software.

Forza Horizon 4 will not boot if you are using any of the following virus checkers.
  • Trend Micro Maximum Security
  • Comodo Antivirus
  • Sophos
  • Emisoft Anti-Malware
  • Avira
  • Avast
  • Bitdefender Firewall
The following list of software applications can cause Forza Horizon 4 to either fail to launch or crash while playing. Please make sure you either disable or uninstall to ensure successful gameplay.
  • Logitech G Hub
  • MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
  • EVGA Precision
  • OBS
  • Xsplit
  • Discord
  • MacType
  • Warsaw Banking App
  • Wallpaper Engine
  • A-Volute Sound studio
  • Nahimic Audio
  • Sonic Audio
If you are using OBS, Xsplit, or any other streaming programs, please set your source to display capture.

We would suggest disabling Game Mode in Windows and close any overclocking, hardware monitoring, streaming, recording, and any nonessential apps while you play the game.