[SOLVED] found memory errors computer crashes alot due to memory fault code

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
thing is my old motherboard died on me and thing work just fine that board was a z370 now i have a cheaper b365m the memory had no isues on my old board but since i got the new board i cant run my memory at it's rated spec and iv done a memoryy diagnostic cause i cant play games things keep crashing and during the diagnostic it detected errors. i didnt run it all the way through cause i noticed right away there wherre errors.

i cant figure out though did i just get a bad board and the memory is fine? does windowws memory tool test the processors cache and somtimes raises errors coul;d it be the processor? wyhyat should i do to figure out wich component is malfunctioning

Solution
It is more likely an issue with running at the higher speed. Try increasing the speed slowly (i.e., 2400 test, 2666 test, etc). See where the errors begin and then back off to the last stable speed.

Not all memory will work with all motherboards at their rated speed.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It is more likely an issue with running at the higher speed. Try increasing the speed slowly (i.e., 2400 test, 2666 test, etc). See where the errors begin and then back off to the last stable speed.

Not all memory will work with all motherboards at their rated speed.

Solution