Four 10-Slot Cases For Four-Way SLI, Tested And Reviewed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shak2300

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
rosewill blackhawk ultra is another 10 slot, 10 bay case it identical to the fulmo gt with the only different of capable adding 9 fan on the side window.if you wondering the fulmo gt and the blackhark ulta can hold 2 140 mm on the drive cage, so 2 140 mm at the front, 2 on the drive cage, 3 at the top, 1 at the back, 1 behind the motherboard, 2 at the bottom and 9 on the window(blackhawk ultra), so in all if you really fill it with fan it a pretty good case IMO

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]trialaxe[/nom]Is the Azza Fusion 4000 out yet? Where can I get one![/citation]Good question, Azza said it would be available by the end of this month so I guess we have to keep looking.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Thermaltake has been using this same case design forever, with very slight modifications.
Time for a new design!

They need to get rid of those pointless and ugly side flaps. Why would I want to have to open up 2 side flaps every time I want to use my drives? Can't believe they are still using this same design 8+ years later.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ksampanna[/nom]I know it's not a cpu/graphic card review, but come on ... 980X & 4 580s beg for performance numbers[/citation]

Man you surely read my mind

Doug Rochford

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
i remember having an idea of having a larger standard called ATX XL for convenience. this example is basic, but it just goes to show that good ideas eventually come even if you don't tell anyone. might as well speak them sooner than later. - dougRochford

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]Fixed that for you[/citation]Except that it's not true :) The problems with the configuration are mentioned in the article, the 4000 should perform better if you close the top motherboard mount (ducting the CPU cooling tunnel), add 1-3 fans to it (increasing airflow), or use it with radiators. Azza was put at a competitive disadvantage by the fact that the same hardware had to fit all four cases.

G

I have one of these and would like to know where I can buy two 180 mm Vegas additional fans.

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I'd like further clarification on what is meant by the following in this article:

"The Thor V2 is extremely compact by Ultra ATX standards, with less than an inch between the top of the motherboard and top-panel fan. Top-panel radiator support is mostly dependent on the distance between motherboard devices (such as VRM sinks) from the top edge."

How will this affect my build? I'm putting in an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2. on my A10-6800 AMD Richland. I love the cooling options already present in the Thor case but hope there isn't going to be any problem with it. Will this "small" clearance cause any difficulties with the cooler installation?

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I'd like further clarification on what is meant by the following in this article:

"The Thor V2 is extremely compact by Ultra ATX standards, with less than an inch between the top of the motherboard and top-panel fan. Top-panel radiator support is mostly dependent on the distance between motherboard devices (such as VRM sinks) from the top edge."

How will this affect my build? I'm putting in an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2. on my A10-6800 AMD Richland. I love the cooling options already present in the Thor case but hope there isn't going to be any problem with it. Will this "small" clearance cause any difficulties with the cooler installation?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The article refers to the space being too small for some radiator/motherboard combinations. MOST cases either HAVE enough room or NOT, but this one falls somewhere in the middle. It shouldn't have any effect on your current build.

Status
Not open for further replies.