Four ATX Cases For High-Capacity Water Cooling, Reviewed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

re-play-

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]It would be very nice if manufacturers of WC cases and pre-fab WC kits could agree on universal standards.[/citation]

that case its pretty good for Water cooling... why including a $350 case that no one will buy?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]Device Unknown[/nom]Didn't we just see this article like 2 weeks ago? i still maintain that the Fusion 4000 is the best water cooling chassis at the best price.[/citation]That's great, now you can quit spamming since the Fusion 4000 was already covered here in the distant past. I even gave you the links when you spammed the photo preview of this comparison.[citation][nom]Kader Belbina[/nom]Any of these support HPTX boards? (Evga Sli X2)[/citation]Aerocool, check the card length and see more than 15" width, then check the slot count and see ten :)

G

At this level you could just go buy a corsair H80/H100 or equivalent product and save money on a smaller case. The entire point of water cooling apart from customisation is you can achieve lower temps with a low noise setup, otherwise why would you spend the money to have the fans screaming at you when you could do that with air cooling?

NZXT is a pretty good case for water cooling, in fact it's easy to fit kit in there to cool a few GPU's and the CPU without any hacking up of the case, obviously this would involve different product selection.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]jasonpb[/nom]At this level you could just go buy a corsair H80/H100 or equivalent product and save money on a smaller case. The entire point of water cooling apart from customisation is you can achieve lower temps with a low noise setup, otherwise why would you spend the money to have the fans screaming at you when you could do that with air cooling?NZXT is a pretty good case for water cooling, in fact it's easy to fit kit in there to cool a few GPU's and the CPU without any hacking up of the case, obviously this would involve different product selection.[/citation]1.)Most of the noise in these cases comes from the graphics cards.
2.) Noisy graphics were used TO DETERMINE the noise isolation capabilities of these cases.
3.) This IS a customizable loop.
4.) Pair the three cases that this cooler fit, with this cooler, and you can customize the loop to include water blocks on the graphics cards.

It all makes sense if you think about these things from a testing standpoint. You did want definitive test results, no? And if you think of the huge radiator as a starting point rather than a final configuration, everything in the article makes sense.

Yeah, I was thinking something more like this:

Raven
Rotated mounting
Bottom fans
Stack effect airflow.

Switch810
Front panel w/ SD ( add eSATA too )
Internal USB 3.0 header
Back plane for 3.5 and 2.5 drives ( preferably with three slots )
Fan power hub
Radiator mounting options
Cable management grommets

I think that would suit me for a long, long time.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Too bad for Cooler Master Cosmos II as I absolutely loved this case. What adds to its misery is it's steep $350 asking price.

The fact that TH sent them the specific model of the water cooling setup makes CM look a little bit sloppy in their choice of cases.

Iota6

Distinguished
May 3, 2008
XSPC H2+ is a fantastic case for a water cooling system...... if you are willing to spend the cash.

maako

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
[citation][nom]re-play-[/nom]lol that case is ugly as hell[/citation]
You should take a look at some videos with the NZXT case, 'cause in the pictures they have here I am afraid it can not be presented any worse.
The pictures here makes it look much duller than it really is.
Best looking case of the year IMHO!

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]I am impressed by the NZXT. Great functionality and certainly a unique look.[/citation]

NZXT makes some really high quality cases, I almost went with the Phantom but then the Graphite 600T came out.

Although I love that Azza case - if I ever do another full build I'm basing it off of that case, the Cooler Master Cosmos II would be ideal but at $350 it's too rich for my blood. :lol:

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]joeman99[/nom]LOL tower cases. Some people are still stuck in the past, while the rest uses laptops and all-in-ones.[/citation]

If you brought an all-in-one to a LAN party you'd get laughed out of the room. No offense.

G

Plenty of great cases, but no bloody windows, I mean, if i'm paying thousands for a great and powerful color coordinated build i want to have others staring at it in awe

davidrap41

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
I have a hurrican 2000 azza never been hooked up trying to put it together but not to familiar with this type of equipment i have cables and wires not connected don't have wiring schematic for this dvice tried turning on but no display acts like its going through motion but nothing else please help to get this device working ran out of warranty its been put up till now and have nowhere else to turn please help me resolve this thanks.?????

Status
Not open for further replies.