[SOLVED] Four sticks of memory on ASUS Prime Z690M-Plus D4 will not run

radman3d

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
Trying to get four sticks of memory to run on ASUS prime z690m-plus D4. I have tried to increase the SA voltage, but it is the same voltage .912v every time. Is there some setting I need to change to get this to work? I have a i5-12400 and DDR4 4400, all four sticks are the same. Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
That is why ram is sold in kits.
The only suggestion I have is to try explicitly setting ram voltage above the stated voltage. Increase in small increments. Lower speed can help with stability.
To test stability
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Contact Patriot vendor for support.
Some will help, some will not when the sticks are different.

Ralston18

Titan

radman3d

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
The memory is Patriot Viper DDR4 4400. I ended up with two kits {2 (8GB x 2)} for 32 GB, so not purchased as a matched kit of four. Yes, that is the correct MB and manual. The memory has been installed correctly. Neither XMP1@4400 or XMP2@4266 worked at 1.45 volts. Not sure what other settings there are to make it stable. I can get it to boot, but it is not stable at all.

That is why ram is sold in kits.
The only suggestion I have is to try explicitly setting ram voltage above the stated voltage. Increase in small increments. Lower speed can help with stability.
To test stability
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Contact Patriot vendor for support.
Some will help, some will not when the sticks are different.

Solution

radman3d

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
I think I will just stick with one kit in one computer. The other kit can go into another computer I have. I could probably get them to run at something lower than the rated XMP settings, but I would rather have them run at 4400. 16GB is more than enough for what I do for now. Thanks for the help, much apricated.