FPD1510 blanking problem on re=install of XP WIN XP Pro

I recently bought used Gateway 700C with FPD1510 LCD monitor. I
recently reformated HD and reloaded Windows XP professional. After
reboot of system (during install), the WINDOWS XP screen came up but
the then the monitor completely blanked out. Same thing happens each
time I boot. I attached an old CRT and everything is fine. I assumed
the signal cord was bad on the LCD and replaced it. Same thing
happened.

Browsing this newsgroup, I seen mention of this problem with the
FPD1810 monitor, and reference to a new monitor INF file which also
covers the FPD1510. Could this be the problem? If I install the new
monitor INF file (using the old monitor), can I then reboot after
re-attaching the LCD and complete the monitor INF install? Otherwise,
I can't figure out how to install the INF file when my monitor is
blank.

Any help or suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

If this monitor has a DVI connector and you are using it instead of the
analog connection, you will have to use the Gateway version of the video
card that came for this system and monitor combination. At least this is
how it is for my FPD 1810 monitor. It could be that the Widows set up
recognized the video card and set up the computer without the Gateway's
modifications that they made for the monitor. Just my two cents!
"Lisa B." <lisa.berger@att.net> wrote in message
> I recently bought used Gateway 700C with FPD1510 LCD monitor. I
> recently reformated HD and reloaded Windows XP professional. After
> reboot of system (during install), the WINDOWS XP screen came up but
> the then the monitor completely blanked out. Same thing happens each
> time I boot. I attached an old CRT and everything is fine. I assumed
> the signal cord was bad on the LCD and replaced it. Same thing
> happened.
>
> Browsing this newsgroup, I seen mention of this problem with the
> FPD1810 monitor, and reference to a new monitor INF file which also
> covers the FPD1510. Could this be the problem? If I install the new
> monitor INF file (using the old monitor), can I then reboot after
> re-attaching the LCD and complete the monitor INF install? Otherwise,
> I can't figure out how to install the INF file when my monitor is
> blank.
>
> Any help or suggestions welcome.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Will: Thanks for your response. Do you mean the gateway version
of the video card DRIVER that came for this sytem? I'm not aware that
the actual video card was every changed.

Also, I was able to safe boot XP (with VGA mode) last night and the
monitor worked. I thought I updated the inf driver, but when I
rebooted XP normally, again the monitor was blank. I again did a safe
boot and the monitor worked.

I'm about to tear out my hair!!!!

You should have a Gateway video driver for what ever card that you have as
in Nvidia or Ati etc. It should be on a restore disk or better yet download
the proper driver from Gateway's web site.