Fps decrease since 416.16

xander.dec

Reputable
May 13, 2018
Ever since I downloaded the new Nvidia driver Version 416.16 I am sitting at around 90fps in r6 when I normally run at 140fps. I tried using DDU and I did a clean install of the previous driver but nothing seems to have worked. I now have to use v-sync (1 frame) to stop my screen from tearing to pieces (there is also a little bit of input lag). In the past when I used v-sync It made my game really smooth (In a bad way - My movements wouldn't be as crisp) and there was a lot of input lag. I also got a message from nvidia saying there was a gpu error but it never elaborated or popped up again so... If anyone knows a solution I would be much obliged. Thanks

Solution
Roll back to the last most stable driver, which appears to be 399.24. All the ones after have their share of issues(possible incompatibilities with users' systems).
Or if the last driver you were using is newer than 399.24, and you experienced no issues, then go to that one.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Roll back to the last most stable driver, which appears to be 399.24. All the ones after have their share of issues(possible incompatibilities with users' systems).
Or if the last driver you were using is newer than 399.24, and you experienced no issues, then go to that one.

Solution