FPS drop after half an hour, no recovery

FAILmaster777

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
So I don't really know how to title this that will give you a major idea of whats happening so I'll explain it:

I turn my PC on and i can play any game for about half an hour no problem. I can play Warthunder at 120-150PS easily at minimal settings (minimal due to this issue). After a two games or so my FPS will suddenly drop to 12, hitting 30 occasionally, mostly averaging around 15, if not lower. It doesn't recover.

I can exit the game, wait for my temperatures to go back down a bit the start the game up again and nothing. it stays at around 15. Even if i leave it for hours, only using Youtube to try and create a minimal load it doesn't increase my FPS by any amount. Bare in mind I used to play any game at 60 FPS minimum for hours on end at medium-high settings.

My rig is as follows:
AMD Phenom II Black Edition, 4 core 3.4 GHz
NVidea 630 GT (clocked at 810MHz by afterburner)
8 GB RAM (7.98 usable)
3 USB drives mounted as Readyboost, dedicating 4082MB each to speeding up my system
Windows 8.1
Memory clocked at 793MHz

I have run several defrags and Malwarebytes scans. I have used CCleaner to free up as much space as possible, I have Speedfan and Afterburner installed telling me my temps and speeds. Nother hits above 55'C ever. Idle most things sit at mid 40s, my HD at 25'C.

I have been through everything I can personally think of without editing the BIOS (because I'm quite new to Gaming PCs and have no experience with the BIOS) and nothing works.

If anyone has any idea, please help? Thanks

FAILmaster777

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

I only installed Afterburner recently, even before so i had the same issue. I'll check out the video and let you know, thanks.

EDIT: I followed the directions in the video and it seems my GPU is running at ~99% constantly :') everything else is only touching 60% really so I'm assuming my bottleneck is my GPU. Thanks for the help. Would you happen to know if upgrading to a GTX 760 will help?