Question Fps drop problem in rx 470

Jun 8, 2024
so i just got an rx 470 and whenever i try to play games like assassins creed 3 or 4 and in other games like sekiro my fps goes down to 20 or 15 when ever the buildings or something comes in these games please help me fix it and my gpu temps are normal like 40c on average and i've tried putting the game in ssd the problem still remains

*MY SPECS*
i5 2500
rx 470 4gb
500gb hdd
256gb ssd

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you run DDU to remove al GPU drivers in Safe Mode, to manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command?

Jun 8, 2024
400w psu
hp motherboard
8gb ram
1280x1024 resolution monitor

and i've tried ddu to remove the drivers and installed them again but i'm still facing this problem i'll be thankful i you help me

i've just did the benchmarks and i found out that my gpu runs between 20 to 99 utilisation like it goes back fourth like it on 99 then other second it's on 33 or 22 then again at 80 or 90
right..so the 22-33 utilisation means gpu is waiting for cpu, cpu might be waiting for something aswell (reading textures/meshes from drive) or main thread getting hammered by single core perf, dx10 wasnt really great performer either, might be worth try DXVK, ie runing dx 9/10/11 under modern vulkan, which usualy give some fps boost over old DX

Jun 8, 2024
right..so the 22-33 utilisation means gpu is waiting for cpu, cpu might be waiting for something aswell (reading textures/meshes from drive) or main thread getting hammered by single core perf, dx10 wasnt really great performer either, might be worth try DXVK, ie runing dx 9/10/11 under modern vulkan, which usualy give some fps boost over old DX
i already have dx12 installed man but it aint helping much so i gotta go for the cpu i guess ima go for i5 4th