FPS drop while gaming on laptop

Radko

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
Hi folks! I have little problem while playing on my laptop Lenovo z500. Most of the time I play League of Legends (hard to say this is gaming but...). So after 5-10 mins of playing I got massive FPS drops every couple of minutes. I downloaded MSI afterburner just to check out if both CPU or GPU are bottlenecking but they are at 50%. The temperatures otherwise are little bit high. GPU keeps around 70c and the CPU near 80 (I hate those I3 they are like oven). So everytime when it reaches near 80-82C I notice a frame drop.. I have downloaded other tool called CPUID HWMonitor just to check out the clock speed while underload. Suprice.. everytime when CPU reaches near 80-82C somehow it clockdowns the core speed( from 2.3ghz goes to 700mhz). Long story short. Made little research about that problem and found out it could be smth called EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology). Tried to disable it from the BIOS - no luck at all and here it comes the real question of my theard is it possible to disable it from the windows itself? I have some in mind that this is not the real salution of my problem. I begg ppl with the same of fimillar issue to reply.
Thank you, have a good day.
Cheers.

Solution
What's happening is called thermal throttling. This protects your CPU from reaching temperatures which are too high for it to manage.

In short, what this does is it lowers the clock speed of your CPU to prevent it from reaching temperatures which could cause permanent damage to it physically.

I would recommend that you invest in a laptop cooler to try and get around this issue, if this doesn't work then I'm afraid you will most likely have to upgrade to either a higher performance laptop or a PC.

Synergh

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
What's happening is called thermal throttling. This protects your CPU from reaching temperatures which are too high for it to manage.

In short, what this does is it lowers the clock speed of your CPU to prevent it from reaching temperatures which could cause permanent damage to it physically.

I would recommend that you invest in a laptop cooler to try and get around this issue, if this doesn't work then I'm afraid you will most likely have to upgrade to either a higher performance laptop or a PC.

Solution