Fps drop while playing asus laptop

dukecruz12

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I am playing with plugged in charger.
After restarting my new laptop, then started playing league my fps drops up to 30 fps. Even if i lower my video settings it is till occuring. Before restarting, my fps is 80 stable in highest quality, its already 2 days passed by since this drops. I already disabled xbox game dvr still dropping. Please help me to fix my fps problem.

Specs:
i5 7300
12gb ram
Gtx 1050 ti 2gb
Intel 630 2gb
1tb hdd
Windows 10

Solution
hi,

I suppose your windows version is 64bit ??
On some Mobo's it's best to have the Ram spread over 2 banks !
Try adding the second 8gb ...

(ofcourse if the OS is only 32bit's then only 3,5 GB will be accessed !)

Let us know !
Cheers, Louise...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Given it's a laptop, a (relatively) common scenario would be overheating. Are you monitoring temperatures?
HWMOnitor is useful for this, as is MSI Afterburner.
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

Have you ensured your drivers (primarily the GPU) are up-to-date?

Did the dip in FPS coincide with anything you installed? Or any Windows updates performed?

Louise Porkolt

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

clean out your fan-airways !!!
Laptops are not made for games ! If you do clean out you laptop from dust regularly (once a year) you will never have issues from that kind !
I recently opened a PC I thought was ok, still I removed a carpet of dust of 3 to 5 mm thickness !

the laptop was 2 years old !!! (it ran out of it's 2 years warranty in europe). Laptop runs fine again !

Dust is the main issue with computers.
The big companies, making computers, count on PC's breaking down due to overheating !!!
The more expensive PC's have special filters that can be removed to easily clean out and so inside the dust cannot accumulate !

Let us know !

Cheers, Louise...

dukecruz12

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
My temps are going 40 - 50°C and I already updated all drivers , even tried reinstalling up to date drivers via ddu still not working, i updated my windows before installing league. Ive installed 1 8gb memory ram from 16gb kit ,originally its 4gb is that affecting the performance

Louise Porkolt

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
hi,

I suppose your windows version is 64bit ??
On some Mobo's it's best to have the Ram spread over 2 banks !
Try adding the second 8gb ...

(ofcourse if the OS is only 32bit's then only 3,5 GB will be accessed !)

Let us know !
Cheers, Louise...

Solution