[SOLVED] FPS drop

Dec 29, 2021
I’m having bad FPS drop while playing fortnite.I have a i52400 with gtx760 8gb ram.I’m not clued up with computers.I just got the pc.when I’m in task manager the CPu memory and disk run quite high around 60-70 % . Do I need to upgrade the ram and cpu ?

Solution
your low quality CPU & GPU wouldn't necessarily cause frame dropping.
just lower frame rates in general.

try lowering resolution to 1280x720 and all in-game settings to lowest available.
see if the situation improves in regards to frame dropping.

you also need to include your complete system specs.
your low quality CPU & GPU wouldn't necessarily cause frame dropping.
just lower frame rates in general.

try lowering resolution to 1280x720 and all in-game settings to lowest available.
see if the situation improves in regards to frame dropping.

you also need to include your complete system specs.

Reactions: Rcooper423
Solution
High cpu and disk usage combined with 8gb RAM makes me think RAM is a problem. This is typical behaviour of excessive caching to the disk when RAM is running out. This also puts additional load on the cpu. This will cause a bad gaming experience.

However this is not a strong system so while a RAM upgrade should help it may not be as big of an upgrade as you may want. You need to manage expectations with this system.

Reactions: Rcooper423
Dec 29, 2021
It is a
Intel (R) core(tm) i5 2-400 cpu @ 310ghz
8gb installed ram
GeForce gtx760 gpu
X64 bit
500gb hdd
500w psu
And I think it is 4 core 4 thread.I’m not the clever with computers.thanks for the reply’s.would slow internet be the cause because my download is 8.06mbs and 1.06mbs upload.I have changed the settings to pretty much as low as they can go nearly and it is still clitchy

It is a
Intel (R) core(tm) i5 2-400 cpu @ 310ghz
8gb installed ram
GeForce gtx760 gpu
X64 bit
500gb hdd
500w psu
And I think it is 4 core 4 thread.I’m not the clever with computers.thanks for the reply’s.would slow internet be the cause because my download is 8.06mbs and 1.06mbs upload.I have changed the settings to pretty much as low as they can go nearly and it is still clitchy
Those internet speeds are fine for gaming as long as your ping is <80ms. Reducing game settings is not really going to help a weak cpu and insufficient RAM. Ultimately this is a mid range cpu from 11 years ago, no getting around this.

Dec 29, 2021
Those internet speeds are fine for gaming as long as your ping is <80ms. Reducing game settings is not really going to help a weak cpu and insufficient RAM. Ultimately this is a mid range cpu from 11 years ago, no getting around this.
So definetly need to upgrade the pc.what would you recommend?

So definetly need to upgrade the pc.what would you recommend?
The trouble is any meaningful upgrade is going to be at least motherboard, cpu and ideally RAM. You said you just bought this do you don't want to rebuild 80% of it. We don't know the exact make and model of the psu, even a high quality psu would be risky on new components if its 10+ years old, if its a low quality unit then its a big no. These older systems are good if used 'as is' and you have the right expectations but don't make a good platform for upgrading as you end up nearly changing everything.