Question FPS Drops 436.02 Nvidia win 1903

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Since I downloaded 436.02 for my 1080 I've had massive fps drops across all games.

I've tried:

Resetting BIOS to check if it's the OC settings
Rolled back every win 1803 update since July

Used DDU to uninstall nvidia drivers and installed: 431.60, 431.36, 431.70 The further back I went the worse it got.
Manually installed win 1903 with zero issues

I've used HCI memtest + memtest86 no issues
I can run benchmarks all day but in game it stutters and drops MASSIVELY. Using the witcher 3, gta v, and bfv to test these drops. After 1903 update the drops were worse.

I'm at a loss. It's either a problem with windows or a problem with the nvidia driver but at this point I can't even use my PC for its purpose. Pretty stupid. Low latency was set to off by default in nvidia control panel, but I think it's bugged.

Anyone having similar issues? I do a google search and there are a few people having issues reported on the nvidia site. Problem is their search results show you the title of relevant posts but when you click the link it takes you to a post from 4 years ago. I currently have both win 10 and nvidia drivers up to date.

Reactions: Magicblow
Check your control panel for 3d settings. With all those installing uninstalling of drivers your settings are probably all over the place. Check that your resolution in control panel matches your desktop etc. I had 10 percent drop in fps with my 1080 and just rolled back to previous driver. Also go into windows control panel and see how many nvidia files you have listed. I only download and use the Nvida graphics driver and Physx driver.

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
My settings are fine. I've been at this for two days. This problem was happening before uninstalled anything or rolled back anything. It only started when I received 3 windows updates to win 1803 on the same day. It was 2 1803 cumulative updates and 1 .net framework update.

Using DDU to uninstall drivers wipes everything including the profile settings. What more is I did a unnecessary "perform clean install" every time as well as using ccleaner for the registry.

Aug 17, 2019
I have same problem and I'm looking for solutions already over 5 weeks.. Benchmarks can run fine, and then some games just freeze. I found that after cleaning standby memory it's way better. For example in Witcher on ultra settings after cleaning this memory it's very smooth until Witcher decide to freeze while no action in background or maybe not. Same apex I got there 400 h and I am pretty sure 370h I never had problem. I bough new ram after reading several posts about ram sdn as well new monitor. Random magic slutter. And I got bonus for you Cs go never freeze and as well Dota2. But black desert freeze in intervals 36 sec or 42 or 56 or 1min06 sec. Its very late here this is another week where I'm trying fix non existing for many people problem. I am more than sure that people ingoring this or they think its lag and after windows updates everyone has this problem but some pc those very fast can make it look like frameskip or lag not slutter. Sorry for my English it's very late here and I'm going sleep again without finding reason / solution..

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
I have same problem and I'm looking for solutions already over 5 weeks.. Benchmarks can run fine, and then some games just freeze. I found that after cleaning standby memory it's way better. For example in Witcher on ultra settings after cleaning this memory it's very smooth until Witcher decide to freeze while no action in background or maybe not. Same apex I got there 400 h and I am pretty sure 370h I never had problem. I bough new ram after reading several posts about ram sdn as well new monitor. Random magic slutter. And I got bonus for you Cs go never freeze and as well Dota2. But black desert freeze in intervals 36 sec or 42 or 56 or 1min06 sec. Its very late here this is another week where I'm trying fix non existing for many people problem. I am more than sure that people ingoring this or they think its lag and after windows updates everyone has this problem but some pc those very fast can make it look like frameskip or lag not slutter. Sorry for my English it's very late here and I'm going sleep again without finding reason / solution..

No need to be sorry. Yea this issue seems to be fairly intermittent as not a lot of people have posted about it. It's really annoying though. I set my CPU overclock back to where it was and it's helped a little bit with the FPS Drops though they still happen quite frequently.

Aug 17, 2019
Try app RAMMap. This is only solution for me. Doing this every few hours helps a lot. But not always and its not helping at all in black desert.

Going sleep now enough for today..