Question Fps drops and blurry lag ish. HELP

Mar 4, 2019
I suspect its the CPU!
So i bought this computer with the information that it should be able to run csgo smooth. i have a 144 hz monitor as well, but im only having around 100-120 fps with alot of fps drops and laggy tendencies, this takes the smoothness away and therefore the actual joy of playing. I really want everything in csgo to be butter smooth, and im willing to do whatever it takes.. so community my question is, do i need to replace some hardware in my pc, or are my speccs good enough, just me making mistakes or blocking something?

Seeking help!

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6402P CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80GHz (Skylake 14nm Technology)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B150M-A (LGA1151)
Ram: 8,00 GB
SSD/HDD: 223GB SanDisk SDSSDA240G (SATA (SSD))
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: Model no: RS-500-ACAB-B1
Chassis: unknown (big cabinet)

My computer is around 2-3 years old, but it has the same problems as the day i bought it, and it havent shown reduced performance since, neither better performance.

Thanks for your time!! I can provide furthermore information if needed.

Many regards, Chris.

cynicalnl

Reputable
Nov 28, 2018
Well I would note that capping your fps in games should help alot with fps drops. You should also note thats installing games on ssd's will also help preformance, and playing with custom resolutions is also a big impact on your fps, it does increase the amount of fps you recieve.

Mar 4, 2019
Well I would note that capping your fps in games should help alot with fps drops. You should also note thats installing games on ssd's will also help preformance, and playing with custom resolutions is also a big impact on your fps, it does increase the amount of fps you recieve.
thanks for the answer.

First of all, thanks for the answer.
Next - I really want fps over 144, so my 144hz gets justified. + i wanna go back to playing semi pro csgo again, that means i need stabile fps and no microstutter etc.

I tried capping, i tried what u said, it doesnt help.

:(

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
AFAiK everything should work fine in csgo, like here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkWZM67P4Q

Things i would do first:
  • check the temperatures on my CPU (mb it's too hot?)
  • check GPU temps? Maybe it's something wrong with temps / cooling and it drops on performance?
  • check the ram usage (i'm not a csgo player, but maybe 8 gigs is not enough for that much fps)
  • try another graphic drivers (maybe older ones?)
  • maybe You should try reinstalling the system , cuz it's full of crap/viruses and other software that slows Your system down? (when did You do it for the last time?)

Mar 4, 2019
AFAiK everything should work fine in csgo, like here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkWZM67P4Q

Things i would do first:
  • check the temperatures on my CPU (mb it's too hot?)
  • check GPU temps? Maybe it's something wrong with temps / cooling and it drops on performance?
  • check the ram usage (i'm not a csgo player, but maybe 8 gigs is not enough for that much fps)
  • try another graphic drivers (maybe older ones?)
  • maybe You should try reinstalling the system , cuz it's full of crap/viruses and other software that slows Your system down? (when did You do it for the last time?)
Hey again, thanks for the quick answer.

1. I afterburned checked it, nothing is overheated.
  2. same with gpu temps etc. everything is fine there.
  3. Ram usage, i might check that!
  4. try other graphic drivers, i have never tried that and dont know much about it, can u mby help me find the best driver for csgo mby? (mby its a bad question, i dont know)
  5. i reinstalled the system for little under a month ago, still no progess there.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
If You install MSI Afterburner, You'll be able to check in game:
  • ram usage / vram usage
  • GPU and CPU load
That might tell You a bit more of where the problem might be.

I assume You play at 1080p? Are these max video settings?

Mar 4, 2019
If You install MSI Afterburner, You'll be able to check in game:
  • ram usage / vram usage
  • GPU and CPU load
That might tell You a bit more of where the problem might be.

I assume You play at 1080p?
I will try that when i get home from work in a few hours.

when u say 1080 p what do you mean? My resolution ingame?

Mar 5, 2019
Screen resolution? 2k? or 1080p? if it's 1080p you shouldn't get any lag but on 2k screen you need cpu with higher core clock. What's your ram's mhz?

Mar 4, 2019
Screen resolution? 2k? or 1080p? if it's 1080p you shouldn't get any lag but on 2k screen you need cpu with higher core clock. What's your ram's mhz?
Thanks for the reply mate.

i run 1024x768 (4:3) ingame.
I dont know what my ram's mhz is mate, where can i check it? (sorry if i ask stupidly here.)

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Ram:
run command line from windows (cmd)
type:
wmic memorychip get speed

Also - try another resolutions which is native for Your monitor (just in case) and see if there is any difference in fps.

Mar 4, 2019
on that resolution it shouldn't lag or drop fps (no matter what's your ram mhz)
that bothers me, cuz thats what i read everywhere :D

I really want to find out the problem to this.
i read everywhere i should be able to run 200+ fps + SMOOTH gameplay, but i cannot seem to accomplish that.. :(

Mar 5, 2019
Can you post details on your monitor? For example on my 27" screen GTA V runs with more than 100fps but screen is 60hz so i'm getting weird motions in game (looks like fps drop but gpu shows 100+ fps) if i'm not using Vsync! but on my 24" screen doesn't matter if i'm using Vsync it's same clean gameplay. both screens are 1920x1080 60hz but from different manufacturer, really for test I used same cable! it's stupid but it's reality 😒

cynicalnl

Reputable
Nov 28, 2018
edit some of your gpu setting search up a video called best settings for your graphics card the video will show you the best settings for your gpu to run on the best preformance.