[SOLVED] FPS drops and Micro Stutters

Dec 13, 2020
I am having some pretty bad issues with FPS drops when im playing pretty much any game. This ranges from cyberpunk to among us. I used to get this issue on an older computer but I recently upgraded which I thought would solve the problem but I am still getting the same issue. It will be running smooth at 250 frames and then for a second drop to 10 frames and then jump back up to the usually high frames, this happens usually every 5 mins or so. I feel like I have tried every youtube tutorial and have still not managed to find a fix. The temperatures of my system are great and I never have any other programs running along side other than discord. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me mad. Thank you in advance.

Setup
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU - Geforce RTX 2070 Super
Motherboard - Prime B450-Plus
RAM - 32gb DDR4 corsair
1tb SSD
500gb HDD
PSU is a 700w pro B700X 80+ bronze
CPU usage is around 47% and the GPU is usually around 50%
CPU temps around 61 and GPU is around 70

My games have been on both the HDD and SSD and I still have the same problems
I have installed all the latest Drivers for my system and have ran malware scans.

Whilst running MSI Afterburner while playing a game I have noticed that my GPU usage goes from 55% to around 20% for a split second which is also the same time that the fps drops. Would anyone know what this issue may be and how to fix it, if this is my issue in the first place. Thank you

Solution
"CPU usage is around 47% and the GPU is usually around 50% "

You have an issue with the 2070 Super.

In a game like Cyberpunk the 2070 should be running at 100%. Really in any game the GPU should always be at 100%...the only time it should be otherwise is if you're bottlenecked by a slow CPU or low memory. With a 3700x and 32g or ram you're not bottlenecked by anything so the issue is GPU related.

What resolution are you running ? How about quality settings ? Also if you're running any overclock or undervolt on Afterburner turn it off.

In a game like Cyberpunk the 2070 should be running at 100%. Really in any game the GPU should always be at 100%...the only time it should be otherwise is if you're bottlenecked by a slow CPU or low memory. With a 3700x and 32g or ram you're not bottlenecked by anything so the issue is GPU related.

What resolution are you running ? How about quality settings ? Also if you're running any overclock or undervolt on Afterburner turn it off.

Solution
Dec 13, 2020

Okay so seems that I was looking at the wrong graphs... My usage is at 100%, my resolution is 1920x1080 and running on high graphics settings