[SOLVED] FPS drops in all games (3080 5900x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2021
Hi, my pc all of a sudden one day dropped frames in every game I play, warzone is now 20fps and it used to be 144, rdr2 is also down there, valorant is 80, it used to be 144, what could be the issue?
My temps are all fine, my gpu is plugged in perfectly, is there anyway i can single out what the issue is?

Solution
Hey there,

Can you run a game, but set up MSI OSD to show CPU usage/temps/power, and the GPU to show usage/temps/mem speed/fps/frame time(in a graph), and finally system memory too. Then when you play a game we can look at most of the important metrics for assessing what seems to be a GPU issue.
Aug 9, 2021
hey buddy, windows is updated, gpu driver upto date, havent scanned for malware but i dont download anything but games, dont even surf the internet much outside of reddit and youtube

i just downloaded warzone update, my fps was very low when i played, then restarted pc, and my 2.5ghz lan also stopped working

Aug 9, 2021
Hey guys, I recently just randomly out of the blue came across a problem with my pc, it just all of a sudden had low fps 10-20 in warzone, 5 on heaven benchmark, I reinstalled my nvidia driver doing a clean install (doesnt work any other way) and it works until I reboot, then I have to reinstall again, I dont know why this issue came up, and it was working completely fine before, I will list my parts below
The only issue potentially, is that when I built the pc, I bent 2 pins very slightly, however I straightened them with a razor blade and then it fit perfectly and works fine, im just throwing it out there and hope nobody tries to focus only on this

My parts are as following
850w Corsair PSU
Amd 5900x
EVGA 3080
32gb Ram Corsair3200 MHz
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
2tb Samsung 2.5inch SSD

Aug 9, 2021
hey guys, i did a new post and might delete this, pretty muhc the pc only works when i reinstall nvidia drivers via clean install, and have to do this everytime i reboot, any idea what the problem could be?

Hey there,

Can you run a game, but set up MSI OSD to show CPU usage/temps/power, and the GPU to show usage/temps/mem speed/fps/frame time(in a graph), and finally system memory too. Then when you play a game we can look at most of the important metrics for assessing what seems to be a GPU issue.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS