FPS drops in every game

azopt

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my PC i guess. I have FPS drops in every game and i know my PC is decent enough to run them.

SPECS:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845
GPU: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 250
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 804MHz
HDD: 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
Mobo: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A68HM-S1

So, lemme get back to the issue. Any game i play (AC Brotherhood, Bioshock, Dead Space etc) has insane fps drops. It runs on 60 fps than it drops to 10, goes back to 60 and drops to 10 again. It happens often. Sometimes when there is a loud sound in game it starts lagging as well. I've tried Windows 7, issue remains and now i've tried Windows 8.1, still the same. I've checked CPU and RAM usage when gaming, and it does not go over 15%, lol.. Temps are also stable. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Azopt

Solution
Okay... Try putting RAM out and then back in. My friend told me this sometimes works. Go and install software called GPU-Z. Open it and run the game u want. When the FPS drops go to that window and check the GPU usage and stuff. If it shows low preformance go to the control panel of the GPU you have and make it run on higher preformance (if it shows max frequency of your GPU dont raise it because you would just overclock it.)
So yeah this is my second advice

azopt

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

Okay mate. I'll give it a try and gonna post the results in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: The issue still remains. :/

mark.potocnik555

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Okay... Try putting RAM out and then back in. My friend told me this sometimes works. Go and install software called GPU-Z. Open it and run the game u want. When the FPS drops go to that window and check the GPU usage and stuff. If it shows low preformance go to the control panel of the GPU you have and make it run on higher preformance (if it shows max frequency of your GPU dont raise it because you would just overclock it.)
So yeah this is my second advice

Solution