Question Fps drops in every game

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
I bought a Vega 56 and since then my Pc only causes weird problems...the card doesnt do what it is supposed to whatsoever.
So I ran MSI Kombuster stress test and this is what happened.
View: https://imgur.com/a/KlNP9IO

Everything seems to be broken in some way or another, do you think its the PSU, because everything ran just fine with my old gtx 1050ti.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
AMD Vega 56
16 GB RAM
600 WATT beQuiet! PSU

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
So now I know basically as much as I knew in the beginning...I swear to god I have never wasted my money so horribly. Why can't it be a regular issue? No it has to be the most mysterious problem on this forum...I am really getting angry at this point.

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
That sucks then... None of your older cards, if you still have them, came with one? :p

EDIT: It could be a driver issue as well, but like I said, no way to confirm.

Cheers!
A driver issue in general or the one on my pc, because I used DDU to uninstall the current drivers no results. Furthermore no a single driver update has improved anything so far.

A driver issue in general or the one on my pc, because I used DDU to uninstall the current drivers no results. Furthermore no a single driver update has improved anything so far.
This is a very from the left field sort of thing, but... Can you play with your RAM timings?

Try so use the safest possible setting for them in terms of timings and speed and try again.

Cheers!

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
This is a very from the left field sort of thing, but... Can you play with your RAM timings?

Try so use the safest possible setting for them in terms of timings and speed and try again.

Cheers!
I'll be completely honest...I don't know anything about RAM or how/where to change anything about it. I know their speeds and that it is DDR4. I am an utter newbie when it comes to RAM, because overclocking it always seemed irrelevant to me.

I'll be completely honest...I don't know anything about RAM or how/where to change anything about it. I know their speeds and that it is DDR4. I am an utter newbie when it comes to RAM, because overclocking it always seemed irrelevant to me.
Go have a look at the BIOS and right next to the CPU voltage and what-not you can find it. Maybe it's been working at the incorrect settings and when stressed it fails?

You can check with some memory stress programs as well.

Cheers!

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
Go have a look at the BIOS and right next to the CPU voltage and what-not you can find it. Maybe it's been working at the incorrect settings and when stressed it fails?

You can check with some memory stress programs as well.

Cheers!
I already ran windows in-built memory checking tool thingy and everything was fine. But I can still give it a try. Also, what do you mean by safest settings ? Lowest ?

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
XMP is off, everything was on auto. So I tryed to overclock it with MSI's "Ram try it"- thingy so my Ram is running on 2800 mhz and it has become a little better.

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
Aaaand I have discovered a new problem:
If I run Chrome on my second monitor it eventually causes my gpu to crash for 10 secondes just like ReLive did. It comes back after that but I do anything crashes it again until I restart my PC

timkilber

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
So I fixed my thermal issues with my cpu by applying new thermal paste and I overclocked it to 3,6ghz which helped my fps a little. So did overclocking Ram to 2800mhz. But using a driver from March (Version 19.2.3) to be exact helped quite a bit as well, especially with the crashes. Even though Relive still records a green screen it doesnt crash the drivers anymore neither does using both monitors actively (YouTube on one, a game on the other). My FPS now peek much higher tahn before but it didn't help the lows too much. But as far as I can tell the overclock really helped to maintain above 144fps on epic settings so I'll keep testing that.

TRENDING THREADS