Question FPS drops on GTA 5 on system with Radeon HD 4830 video card

Sep 1, 2024
Hello, when driving the car while playing GTA 5, it drops from 30-33 FPS to 17-23 FPS at all settings from 800x600 Normal to 1366x768 Normal. This is the same in the 2015 version, the same in the latest version.

My System:
Intel Core i3-2120 CPU
Esonic H61FHL Motherboard
Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4830 1024 MB GDDR3 256-bit GPU (20 per cent overclocked at core and GPU speeds and no overclocking at all, i.e. same performance even at stock core and GPU speeds)
Kingston ValueRAM 2x4 8.00 GB RAM CL9 1333 MHz
The case is a case that I do not know a model of Everest, not mesh.
PSU is PRO2000 ATX-400 PSU.
My processor cooler is Intel's stock fan.
My storage is the 500 GB model of Samsung 870 EVO.

The video card is overclocked in both cases and sees a maximum of 77 degrees at stock speeds and the processor sees 72 degrees. 54% GPU utilisation (20% overclocking) and 83% GPU utilisation (stock speeds) on the Radeon HD 4830. On the CPU, it doesn't drop below 70% in either case. Thermal paste and maintenance of the system has not been done since 2019.

How can I solve this FPS drops problem?

it happens all the time
you're still not answering the question.
if you're too busy to properly interact with your own thread, please just wait until you have some free time and properly read responses and offer any available answers.

the question is,
is this an issue that has come on ALL OF A SUDDEN, like recently?
or has it ALWAYS been this way, like since the first time using the system for games?

Sep 1, 2024
you're still not answering the question.
if you're too busy to properly interact with your own thread, please just wait until you have some free time and properly read responses and offer any available answers.

the question is,
is this an issue that has come on ALL OF A SUDDEN, like recently?
or has it ALWAYS been this way, like since the first time using the system for games?
Since i started to using my for system playing games.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2024
it's just because this system doesn't have enough power to push any kind of modern gaming software.

it could be a nice HTPC for media purposes,
but if you want to game, with AAA or similar quality games, you'll need a better system all around.

when was this system purchased?
Received in 2021. 2000 Turkish Lira (At the time, this system had a GT 220 1 GB video card, but since I didn't have a big means, I had to install the HD 4830 from my previous system). Monitor was included.