Question Fps drops\stuttering problem

Jul 3, 2019
Hi. I am experiencing problem with my FPS on practicly new PC. Here are specs: Ryzen 5 2600 (no OC), jetstream gtx 1070, 8 gb RAM Viper Patriot 3000 MHz, msi b450 tomahawk, vero L500. My disk is HDD toshiba 1TB. No ssd.
In every game I've played stuttering occured. In PUBG and Far Cry New Dawn there were constant fps drops from like 70 or more to 20-30 less for a fraction of a second and again every 15-20 seconds. In GTA, only on online, they were different. Rapid drops to like 15 fps, happening when I hit a car in town or when flying above the city, ussualy with sound tearing.
Have to add I play with 75Hz refresh rate, but it doesn't seem to affect it, cos I changed it 60Hz, didn't help. I tried changing graphics settings, nvidia control panel, made a few changes in windows, like disableing game DVR or turbo boost of cpu. My PC is not overheating, max gpu temp was 67 celsius degree, cpu did not exceed 62. Disk seems to be ok, no problems in cristal disk, but some have suggested buying ssd for system might help. Ram also works fine, memtest executed, everything ok, but I found info, that even if my PC does not use all of 8gb (max 7 in my case), it might cause stuttering and buying additional 8gb might help. Also my graphics card is the only second hand component, It's 1,5 year old and my concern is it can be damaged, but nothing really indicates it is (apart from those drops, but I have no idea what causes it). Do you have any suggestions? What do you think of buying RAM and SSD?

I would check to make sure all your drivers are up to date. Go into device manager and click on components to see if you can update their driver to a newer one. Also check your power settings in windows and try high performance setting. See if that helps. With a hd fast moving transitional scenes can seem or be laggy because the hd is loading it slowly. Check to see how much ram the games are actually using during play. If it is getting close to your 8gb ram, it then goes to your drive to use available disc space as ram. Check your disc to make sure enough disc memory is allocated. Also have you tried Msi Afterburner to monitor your gpu? You can use it to overclock it and bump up its performance. 1070'S overclock really well.

What happens if you turn down the quality settings in the game to say like from high quality to quality to medium settings any change in stuttering? Read this article it may help. https://www.pcworld.com/article/284...can-increase-it-but-there-are-trade-offs.html Also while running one of the games, open task manager, go to performance tab, go down to open resource monitor and take a pic of the page while game is running please.