FPS Expectation Help

iiWelshY

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I've had my PC little over 6 months now. I've not a tech geek so to speak and not highly educated on most PC related aspects. Here's my build;

Processor - Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory x2
Powersupply - Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
GPU - Gigabyte 7970 Ghz Edition

What do you think my fps average would be with this build on BF4 on ultra and if I'm not meeting 120 fps, should I still go ahead with buying this monitor? (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313)

Thanks.

Solution

Depending on how often that occurs, you may want to ditch the idea of a more expensive high refresh rate monitor and either go cheaper or more resolution instead. It's mostly those online game instances like you mentioned where even the most robust CPUs can't keep the FPS up, so if that sounds like your thing, it's worth considering. With higher resolution monitor, your CPU only needs to keep up 60FPS which is a heck of a lot easier, and the GPU can grunt out the rest :)

For ~ $30, the Hyper 212 EVO is generally good enough for anything not too extreme.

Depending on how often that occurs, you may want to ditch the idea of a more expensive high refresh rate monitor and either go cheaper or more resolution instead. It's mostly those online game instances like you mentioned where even the most robust CPUs can't keep the FPS up, so if that sounds like your thing, it's worth considering. With higher resolution monitor, your CPU only needs to keep up 60FPS which is a heck of a lot easier, and the GPU can grunt out the rest :)

For ~ $30, the Hyper 212 EVO is generally good enough for anything not too extreme.

Solution