Fps in games

vaibhav2k

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
How to increase fps in games like watch dogs i get only 30 fps only and its all locked i use fraps to check out the fps but the fps is oly locked at 30.
I just want to know the graphic settings to get the max fps in games because at ultra or at low i get the same 30 fps.Why?
My Specs:-
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4790K 4.0 Ghz
Motherboard: MSI Gaming 7 Motherboard
Graphics: ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980 with factory-overclocked core OCII
Memory: Kingston Hyper X Fury HX318C10FK2/16 16GB (2x8GB) Blue DDR3-1866 CL10-11-10 @1.5V
Solid State Drive: Samsung 850 EVO Series 120GB SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM SATA Internal Hard Drive
Case: Silverstone TJ07B-W-USB3.0 (Black)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 600W
Mouse: Logitech G300 Mouse
Keyboard: Motospeed k20 Waterproof Keyboard
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

Solution
LOL! "Unlock the FPS" ahaha...

Look at the guys PC!!! HAHA! I was expecting some sort of Celeron based unit.

Looks like you have Vsync locked at 30 somewhere. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the GPU, set the default settings in nvidia control panel and see if you can change vsync somewhere...BRO

DasHotShot

Honorable
Really? I mean...I come across AWFUL posts a lot, however you are a superstar among the worst...

What on EARTH do you want us to do with this information?

We don't know what system you have, components, OS, settings in game...anything.

So in the fashion you asked the question, let me answer as vaguely myself:

Perhaps buy a new computer. You are welcome. Bye.

DasHotShot

Honorable
Tom's should redo their forum and make sure there are sticky posts at the top of every page, regardless where in the forum for "Can my vacuum run GTA 5", "what PSU" and "is this pentium 2, 256mb ram, voodoo fx build out of date"...honorable mention to "Gtx 750 Ti or Triple Titan X" and "My Pc wont's boot. I don't have PSU. Is that a problem?"

vaibhav2k

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Bro All i need is how to unlock the fps counter because my friend is running the same game at unlocked fps and his gaming is going 60+ fps at the same config expect for his 8 gb single same ram and 970 gpu????

DasHotShot

Honorable
LOL! "Unlock the FPS" ahaha...

Look at the guys PC!!! HAHA! I was expecting some sort of Celeron based unit.

Looks like you have Vsync locked at 30 somewhere. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the GPU, set the default settings in nvidia control panel and see if you can change vsync somewhere...BRO

Solution

vaibhav2k

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

Bro my vsync is set to 2 frames and my gpu buffer rate to 5 but i dont know what to change should i change vsync to 1 to get the best fps

DasHotShot

Honorable

You are a troll yes?

Please...by all means, set Vsync to 1 FPS and happy sailing my friend!!!

This forum has gotten out of control today!

I will post you something that explains vsync and why it should be off or set to 60 fps...now I must fly away...your species needs me to solve their GTA fps issues

"Short for Vertical Sync, Vsync is a display option found in some 3-D computer games that allow the gamer to synchronize the frame rate of the game with the monitor refresh rate for better stability. If the Vsync is turned off, gamers might obtain a higher frame rate but this action may introduce artifacts in the game."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

PcGuy4424

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
you guys could be nicer, you know who you are, but he posted his specs anyhow.
How to increase fps in games like watch dogs i get only 30 fps only and its all locked i use fraps to check out the fps but the fps is oly locked at 30.
I just want to know the graphic settings to get the max fps in games because at ultra or at low i get the same 30 fps.Why?
My Specs:-
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4790K 4.0 Ghz
Motherboard: MSI Gaming 7 Motherboard
Graphics: ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980 with factory-overclocked core OCII
Memory: Kingston Hyper X Fury HX318C10FK2/16 16GB (2x8GB) Blue DDR3-1866 CL10-11-10 @1.5V
Solid State Drive: Samsung 850 EVO Series 120GB SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM SATA Internal Hard Drive
Case: Silverstone TJ07B-W-USB3.0 (Black)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 600W
Mouse: Logitech G300 Mouse
Keyboard: Motospeed k20 Waterproof Keyboard
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

DasHotShot

Honorable

I saw the update and I told him several times where the problem is.

He has ignored it and done something else, then formulated it in a way which makes it sound like we are in the wrong or against him.

There are also certain forum rules which are there for a reason and everyone shuold adhere to, at least a bit.

That is uniform for all users and it is for a reason.

If he doesn't stick to that and makes it impossible to help, regulars like me will get vexed and rude as we are spending time after all to provide FREE help to someone, when there are people out there making a living with less computer knowledge than some of my honorable colleagues have in this forum.

There is some context for you

vaibhav2k

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

Got it brother this game's settings are a little tough but i am getting 120-160 fps on ultra settings and vsync off Thanks bro

vaibhav2k

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

Bro I know wtf is vsync but the thing is my game wasnt showing the vsync to off just 1 & 2 options to select my vsync was set to 2 i got 30 fps but when i set it to 1 i got 60 thats was my problem so i reset to default and then off my vsync this way i got my best...lol you were really thinking that i was a noob if so why would i even care about getting this pc i would have had c2d instead with nvidia 280 gpu that would be enough for noobs :)