Fps Is low all of the sudden.

Collegrove

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
Hello guys, I'm Marcus and the past two days have been disappointing.

I started my computer up yesterday and decided to play some Tomb raider (2013) and my fps was about 30frames lower than the day before, no settings changed.

Previously I had around 60fps on high settings, flirting with 70. But now it's almost a stable 30-40 no matter what settings I have it on.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED.

Updating Graphics card Driver

Overclocking Gpu

Overclocking CPU

Scanned Computer for malware

Lowered and tampered with settings

Allowed my gpu to work on all performance oppose to quality or balance

Reinstalling the games

Rebuilt the Pc

Checked for thermal Throttling on the CPU (it stays at around 60c when under load)

Underclocked gpu

I have done everything I can think of, me having Pc experience; this makes me mad because I have never experienced this issue. I do not want to reinstall windows because I have very important stuff on my computer. So please help me out, I don't know what to do. A little more info below.

Games I play.

minecraft, Cs:Go, tomb raider 2013

Minecraft used to do about 400 frames everything maxed out at 2k resolution. Now it sits at 100fps.

Cs:go used to give me around 200fps at 1080p max settings l, now I get 50-70.

Tomb raider used to give me 50-70 fps maxed settings with Tress-Fx hair, but now I get 30fps on any settings @1080p.

PC SPECS

Gtx 460 1g ASUS (Stable overclock)

i5 2500k @3.7 ghz

8gb of DDR3 ram at 1500

EVGA 500w psu Bronze rated

Help me pls :')

Solution
Only thing I can think of is that your hardware may be showing it's age. I don't know if you have the money but I would recommend buying a gtx 1050 to test if that makes a difference. Games will always be updating and older hardware will have a harder and harder time with the new updates to games.

Bing_Talks

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
What i'd do is check if the GPU clock speed has been pushed down... This happens simply because the GPU eventually crashes since it's too high of an overclock... in order to compensate for that it might lower the GPU core clock over a period of time... The easiest fix is to push back the OC and restart and see if the problem occurs after that.

Collegrove

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
Thanks for your reply Bing_Talks, but I use msi afterburner, I can see when my clock speeds go down if they did. Afterburner shows the speeds staying at where I put them, unless the speeds could go down without Afterburner reporting it? I really don't know at this point, thanks again bro.

xTfn02

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
Only thing I can think of is that your hardware may be showing it's age. I don't know if you have the money but I would recommend buying a gtx 1050 to test if that makes a difference. Games will always be updating and older hardware will have a harder and harder time with the new updates to games.

Solution