FPS Issue In-Game

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Hello, I recently had a 560 TI GTX 2gb phantom card, and it just crashed a few days ago,
so I got sad and baught a new one instantly. I got my 660 GTX 2gb windforce, and it has been very weird since.

Since I started playing "CSGO" on my computer, it worked fine with the 560 TI. Then when I changed to my 660 GTX it should be better, but it's not. It's actually worse, how come? (Before I had minimum 90 FPS, now my FPS drops down to 60 FPS)

I haven't done anything different. I removed my old drivers for 560TI and installed the new one for my GTX 660... I even ran FURMARK to test my GPU, and it's better than my old 560 TI.... But when I am playing Counter-Strike Global Offensive, and I start a game. My FPS loves to drop from 200 FPS to 60 FPS, which doesn't make any sense.
Some people say it's my CPU, other people say its my motherboard? But how come a graphic card that is "better" than the old one, makes my FPS worse?..... I'm very clueless and I have been trying to search on the internet for 3 days now, straight looking for overclocking answers and trying different overclocking for my graphic card and my CPU but it has not changed my minimum FPS...

Any help?

My spec:
My GPU:
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/05/07/6au.png
MY CPU:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Q9650 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 8GB.. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Fully updated.
Motherboard: Gigabyte technology Co. Ltd. MODEL: G41MT-D3V

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Hello, thanks for your answer. My motherboard is very small, so this is the only slot it can fit. Besides that, I had my old GPU on the same spot, so I doubt that can be the reason for my FPS drops?

BTW: I am running everything on LOW in Counter-strike global offensive... I do not have VSYNC. and I have used all the tutorials out there for increasing your FPS in nvidia and launch options. But my Minimum FPS is still way tooo low, and it is still dropping down from 200 FPS to 60-70ish. And that's way too low to play with considering it's not even stable.

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015

Just replied =)

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014

sorry for not responding but go to nvidia control panel and make sure it is set to performance mode and check your power options(type into windows search bar) and make sure it is in performance aswell

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015

My Nvidia options are set as they should... Performance and everything is set as it should. I have watched all the turtorials out there for increasing your FPS in-game and I have tried put everything as max performance.... Still no change.

Once there's a lot of "fighting"..."Shooting" "grenades" ... My FPS drops down from 150 to 60 which is very weird... I never had this problem with my 560 TI graphic card. I also ran FURMARK to test this graphic card if it's running better... ANd it's... I have 55 Average FPS on FURMARK. and with my old graphic card I had 45 FPS in FURMARK. So it says it's better when I test it, but when I wanna play a game it seems to drop and be completely different. I am pretty lost and I really need help with this...

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
hmm odd make sure the power is plugged into it correctly delete the config files of the games trying to run rein-stall drivers completely and make sure that cs go doesnt have any settings forced in its profile in control panle

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015

I will try this and thank you again for answering, I will reply you once I have tried that :)

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015

So I did as you told me, I rein.stalled drivers completely, and I made sure there's no control panel or anything like geforce experience to interfere. Last I checked my graphic card, if it was okay, and if it was connected correctly. Yet I get the same damn fps drops. I found out I can play the first 1 min. of the game on 150+ FPS and then after a while it drops down and does its unstable weird fps drops. (This does not happen in FURMARK)

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015

They are normal temp, Graphic card gets around 60-70 Degree
and CPU about same nothing too big to worry about, I have 5 vans in the computer cooling the hardware on my motherboard

Snoop poop

Reputable
May 7, 2015

Before Gaming; http://postimg.org/image/uxl2799sr/
After Gaming: http://postimg.org/image/6mhfaynft/