[SOLVED] Fps issue with warzone (rtx 3090)

Jul 21, 2021
Hello,

I have an issue while playing warzone where my fps is not stable. It ranges from 80 fps to 160 fps and it goes up and down. But most of The time The fps is 90-100.

I play at 2k resolution 165 hz
Gpu: rtx 3090
Cpu: I9 11900KF 4.0 ghz
16 gb ram 3200 mhz

Does anyone else have similiar issue?
I can see other people hitting 160-180 fps with other 3000 series cards like 3080

Solution
Just tried to play now the fps is around 130-200 jumping down and up, but its moving average between 160-200, i have g sync on but it doesnt want to lock on 165 fps. It is also enabled in game.

M2 SSD is half full

How does overclocking ram give so much more fps boost? Is it better If I buy 2 more?
G-Sync doesn’t lock the FPS, it just ensures that when the FPS is within the range supported by G-Sync on the monitor that the monitor refresh is synchronised with each frame. To stop the FPS going over 165 you need to either enable V-Sync as well or use a frame limiter. I would use a frame limiter, many games have a built limit option. You can also put a limiter on through NVidia settings.

I would have thought at 1/2 full the SSD...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Shut the PC off, switch off and unplug the psu. Hold down the chassis power button for 15 seconds(mobo caps can still carry a charge).
Near the bottom-right corner of the motherboard, you will find 2 CLR_CMOS pins. Get a screwdriver and bridge the 2 pins for a few seconds.
After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized Defaults).

Jul 21, 2021
Now you have the RAM at 3000mhz has it helped?

The GPU is being compared to people who are overclocking so it’s normal if you are not overclocking to be towards the lower end. For the SSD I am not sure, how full is the drive?

Just tried to play now the fps is around 130-200 jumping down and up, but its moving average between 160-200, i have g sync on but it doesnt want to lock on 165 fps. It is also enabled in game.

M2 SSD is half full

How does overclocking ram give so much more fps boost? Is it better If I buy 2 more?

M2 SSD is half full

G-Sync doesn’t lock the FPS, it just ensures that when the FPS is within the range supported by G-Sync on the monitor that the monitor refresh is synchronised with each frame. To stop the FPS going over 165 you need to either enable V-Sync as well or use a frame limiter. I would use a frame limiter, many games have a built limit option. You can also put a limiter on through NVidia settings.

I would have thought at 1/2 full the SSD would be close to its full speed.

RAM speed does impact gaming performance in some games. Running more RAM will only help if you are running out, for gaming 16gb is plenty and going to 32gb won’t help. It is also best not to mix different RAM kits. Even buying the exact same make and model kits are not guaranteed to work together, there is a reason RAM is sold in matched kits. Also when running 4 dimms the maximum RAM speed the cpu & motherboard will support is lower.

Reactions: Hellgate
Solution
Jul 21, 2021

I would have thought at 1/2 full the SSD would be close to its full speed.

RAM speed does impact gaming performance in some games. Running more RAM will only help if you are running out, for gaming 16gb is plenty and going to 32gb won’t help. It is also best not to mix different RAM kits. Even buying the exact same make and model kits are not guaranteed to work together, there is a reason RAM is sold in matched kits. Also when running 4 dimms the maximum RAM speed the cpu & motherboard will support is lower.

Okay thanks for all your help✌️

Jul 21, 2021
In Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Power Management Mode is on either Adaptive or Max?
If you recently updated the gpu driver, the installer tends to default to Optimal.

Is the firmware of the SN550 up to date?

I just have the option let The 3d application decide on for everything. So all the settings in control panel havent been change.

You mean update for the Hard drive? I havent checked but i Will when i get home.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I just have the option let The 3d application decide on for everything. So all the settings in control panel havent been change.
Then it's likely on Optimal by default. The gpu will try to save power at every possible turn. It does sacrifice a little performance doing so.
When you get the chance, change the power management mode to either Adaptive(good middle ground) or max(wastes power when you're not really doing anything), and make sure to click Apply, so the change is saved.

Jul 21, 2021
Then it's likely on Optimal by default. The gpu will try to save power at every possible turn. It does sacrifice a little performance doing so.
When you get the chance, change the power management mode to either Adaptive(good middle ground) or max(wastes power when you're not really doing anything), and make sure to click Apply, so the change is saved.

my cpu is hitting now 70-75 celsius while playing, is this because xmp is enabled?
Before it was around 65

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
yeah im actually hitting 80-85 while playing csgo now.. XD can i lower cpu voltage or something?
Yeah, a negative voltage offset should help(-0.050, maybe -0.100)... but what's the cpu cooler?
I guess you're also not using fps caps either - that increases power consumption further.
That's a lot of potential high power use from the cpu and gpu combo... hopefully the chassis allows that heat out easily...

TRENDING THREADS