FPS issues after re installing windows 10..

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
Before the fresh install of windows 10, i was getting 300 fps, watched some videos to help max my gaming experience, and got an SSD and so i wiped the other drives, well someone else did before i could back up all of my stuff still, and installed windows 10 onto the SSD fresh, and now im stuggling to maintain 80 fps in CS GO.. i cant find anything to help and all the visual settings are the same. do you guys have any suggestions, or ideas? cause im all out and its 4:41 am and im tired and want to go to bed but this is really bugging me and was wanting to get it done before going to bed..

thanks

cpu fx 9590
EVGA GTX 970 ssc
asrock 970a-g/3.1
16 gb ram

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018

yes sir i did.. i set everything back to how i could remember and how followed a few videos i remembered follow of how to get it right and no luck.. ughhh damn windows -.-

If you are sure that you have all the latest drivers installed,
Set the processor to performance mode and not to energy saving. There should be inside the energy settings in Windows control panel.
Set the GPU to run on performance, there should be somewhere inside nVidia control panel.

If you just bought an SSD, you can actually clone your old OS partition to the SSD you know, with some preparation of course.
You do not really need to fully installed the Windows from scratch.

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018

i know and i was origionally going to clone it but i was having some screen flickering issues and thought maybe there was something buggy with the current windows..

and are you talking about in the power options? cause i have that set aready.. :/

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
i used Nvidia inspector to get into the multi monitor power settings or whatever its called, set it to max clock speed when above x amount % and its all working fine now :) i thought i did that last night but i mustve unchecked it by accident

thanks for the help though guys i appreciate it a lot :)