[SOLVED] FPS issues on self-built computer

a.dizzle.ayee

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm in need of some help, I built my 2nd pc about this time last year. Have had no issues with it since built, however over the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed I've started to get serious FPS drops and my overall fps has slowly been decreasing. Main game I play is league of legends and I've checked with mates and checked the game file in case of corrupted files.

In attempt to fix the issue, I did a windows soft reset, the FPS drops where fixed for a two days and they have began to occur again, as well as my peak fps is slowly getting less and less. Today I cleaned out the computer of dust and checked all the wiring, everything seems to be all good!

Build:
GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 ti
CPU - Intel 17-8700k
Ram - 2x 8Gb Corsair Vengence RBG pro
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3
PSU - Corsair RM750i Gold
SSD - Samsung 970 evo M.2
Monitor - AOC AGON AG273QCG QHD 165hz G-Sync 27in

Drivers are up to date and computer isn't getting hot.

Thanks for all your help in advance =)

Solution
ssd's slow down over time they need to run trim to de-clutter the crap on the disk... Samsung magician software has this...
Some say win 10 does it automatically... but I've heard (not sure if its true or not) u need to leave it on the login screen overnight...

G4nd4lf

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
ssd's slow down over time they need to run trim to de-clutter the crap on the disk... Samsung magician software has this...
Some say win 10 does it automatically... but I've heard (not sure if its true or not) u need to leave it on the login screen overnight...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS