Question FPS issues with two screens after upgrading the CPU ?

May 21, 2024
Motherboard: Asus Z790-P
CPU: 14700k
GPU: 4070
Two displays

I recently upgraded to a 14700k and ive been having fps issues whenever i play a game in full screen with obs or streaming the game on discord on the other screen. It doesn't matter if obs is recording or not if im in full screen i get really huge fps drops.

i tried putting all the windows on my main screen then trying to play the game in full screen and that solved the problem, so having nothing on my second monitor while in full screen solves the issue.

But I didn't have that problem with my old CPU which was an i5-10400F.

The BIOS is already up to date and so are the GPU drivers.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was successfully flashed? As for your display issue, you might want to use DDU to remove all GPU drivers, Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What OS are you working with?

May 21, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was successfully flashed? As for your display issue, you might want to use DDU to remove all GPU drivers, Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What OS are you working with?
im working with the latest windows 10 version i also did try DDU and the issue was happening before i updated the bios.