FPS problem with New Computer

Mizz0

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Hi guys,
Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, I am new to this site but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I was fortunate enough to receive parts to build a new PC for Christmas, and have finished the build but have run into a problem.

I have been getting low, stuttered FPS on all games that I have tried to play. This problem is temporarily fixed when I switch my graphics card to the other PCI-E slot. After a while however the problem persists and even switching the Graphics card to the original slot works.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and even the games I have played, but nothing has worked permanently. Hopefully someone here can help out.

My graphics card is an AMD Radeon r9 270
Everything else seems to be working fine, but if any other information is needed let me know

Thanks a bunch!

Mizz0

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

My fault..
Specs:
Processor - Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz
Ram - 2x4GB
Graphics - AMD Radeon r9 270
Motherboard - ASRock Z97 Pro4
PSU - EVGA 600b - 600w

Games that I've tried so far:
CS:GO
Minecraft
Team Fortress 2

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014

have you updated the bios? uninstalled any previous nvidia drivers from an older GPU that you may of had? a common problem when someone switches from nvidia to amd or vice versa. Also, is your HDMI/VGA/DVI cable connected to the motherboard? or the GPU?

Mizz0

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

The DVI is connected to my GPU. And this is the first PC I have built so there aren't any nvidia drivers. I will check to see if i need to update bios now.