[SOLVED] Fps problems

Nov 10, 2019
Let me start from the beginning I've had no problems with fps until recently 3 days ago I installed Oculus rift since then I have uninstalled it and I am have fps problems in different game from new modern warfare to cs-go in cs I'm getting 60-80 fps. I have the latest drivers all updated also windows is also updated I previously tried to use older GPU drivers with no success, Also I use quick CPU and MSI afterburner problem still occurs even when in stock. At this point I'm quite frustrated because of all the troubleshooting. If anyone can even bring me to the slightest answer please let me know.

Specs
i5 4690k 3.5 GHz
Nividia 1070Ti
24 GBS of ram
ASUS z97 motherboard
P.S. also Asus optimal does not work if anyone knows how to fix this let me know but it never worked for me and I was still fine
Also any game I play doesn't matter my cpu is always maxed out this has been a problem for a long time

Last edited:
Solution
To be honest it's probably an issue with rift. You can try going back to a restore point before rift was installed. But deleting and reinstalling Windows is another good idea.

As for the cpu being maxed out I'd expect that. And out will only get worse. You have a 4c/4t cpu. The move to multi core is happening. At some point you'll need something newer. You can check to see if it's a heat issue, but you'll need a new cpu eventually.

4745454b

Titan
To be honest it's probably an issue with rift. You can try going back to a restore point before rift was installed. But deleting and reinstalling Windows is another good idea.

As for the cpu being maxed out I'd expect that. And out will only get worse. You have a 4c/4t cpu. The move to multi core is happening. At some point you'll need something newer. You can check to see if it's a heat issue, but you'll need a new cpu eventually.

Reactions: savemelol
Solution
Nov 10, 2019

Yeah I'm going to upgrade soon I've already started looking for new parts