[SOLVED] fps seems low

May 23, 2020
Hi there, So i've recently upgraded my pc (gpu/psu/added 16gig ram to 32 in total afterwards, but i had the problems before that aswell) to the following specs down below, but for some reason it really feels like i'm having low fps even in windows, games "stutter" like its 60 hz or lower (and i'm sure its set to 144 in nvidia control panel). I do get decent fps ingames but it doesnt feel like it.

I9-9900K
Z390 Aorus Pro
2080 TI FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
32gig ram ddr4 vengeance 3200
psu corsair hx1000
Windows 10 64bit

hwinfo64: View: https://i.imgur.com/BQVfWo8.jpg

benchmark recorded:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Omct7xV8k

cpu temp idle - 30c
cpu Benchmark - 45c
gpu Benchmark - 50 max

main monitor : asus pg248q (144hz DP)
second monitor : BenQ 2411z (60hz hdmi)
TV: PHILIPS 50PUS6503/12 (hdmi motherboard)

drives: View: https://imgur.com/a/Rfd6TUk

C: Samsung SSD 850 EVO (500G)
D: m.2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO (1TB) (windows)
E: Kingston SV300S37A (120g)
F: SAMSUNG HD103UJ (1tb HD, storage only)

screenshots were taken before i formatted my pc

Solution
Remove the gpu, then try to install the the VGA driver.

I can try the DDU / new driver again (i tried it before the format, and that didnt do anything) but isn't ddu made to remove all previous installed graphic drivers ? since i formatted my pc there was no previous driver.
Windows usually tries to install a default driver if you're still connected to the internet.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
In the bottom section of the first image, under Drives, there's a yellow triangle next to one of them. What's that about?
If HWINFO doesn't tell you, then check with Device Manager.

main monitor : asus pg248q (144hz DP)
second monitor : BenQ 2411z (60hz hdmi)
TV: PHILIPS 50PUS6503/12 (hdmi motherboard)
There's a known issue with multi-monitor setups with different native refresh rates: the frame buffers can't be synced, causing the gpu to trip over itself, aka the stuttering.
The resolutions don't matter.
You are then forced to make some changes/sacrifices:
1)Fix the refresh rates of all 3 screens to the lowest maximum supported. If it's 60hz, then you set all 3 screens to 60hz.
2)Plug both 60hz monitors into the motherboard, then use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the current gpu driver, reinstall the new gpu driver, and also update the motherboard's VGA driver.

May 23, 2020
is the ram running at 3200?

I checked the bios it was set to auto, i changed that to 3200. same result :(

In the bottom section of the first image, under Drives, there's a yellow triangle next to one of them. What's that about?
If HWINFO doesn't tell you, then check with Device Manager.

There's a known issue with multi-monitor setups with different native refresh rates: the frame buffers can't be synced, causing the gpu to trip over itself, aka the stuttering.
The resolutions don't matter.
You are then forced to make some changes/sacrifices:
1)Fix the refresh rates of all 3 screens to the lowest maximum supported. If it's 60hz, then you set all 3 screens to 60hz.
2)Plug both 60hz monitors into the motherboard, then use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the current gpu driver, reinstall the new gpu driver, and also update the motherboard's VGA driver.

hwinfo doesnt tell me anything about the yellow triangle ( it is a normal old HD that i only use for storage )

I tried with just my main monitor plugged in at 144hz after a format, so i've installed fresh drivers with no result :(

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did you try Device Manager?
Check storage drive health?

A format? Why that?
I was suggesting DDU, and reinstalling the gpu drivers. Then Windows Search > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties...
List All Modes, and make sure they're set properly, and click Ok. Click on the Monitor tab, and make sure the monitor refresh is set correctly. Apply as needed, and Exit.

May 23, 2020
Did you try Device Manager?
Check storage drive health?

A format? Why that?
I was suggesting DDU, and reinstalling the gpu drivers. Then Windows Search > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties...
List All Modes, and make sure they're set properly, and click Ok. Click on the Monitor tab, and make sure the monitor refresh is set correctly. Apply as needed, and Exit.

I had these issues before i format my pc, so i thought that maybe it was a software problem, but just to be sure i disconnected every monitor but my main one (asus rog pg248q) but the problem was still there after a format. The storage drive health are fine

I checked the display adapter properties and this is what i see down below, im sorry my windows is in dutch but i hope you get the important parts.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqnDi_LLHTE

May 23, 2020
I see - I got it... but did you update the motherboard's VGA driver after that? DDU, then install new gpu driver?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a software issue, as nothing appears to be overheating.

For some strange reason none of the drivers on the official site seems to be "compatible" with my pc.
https://www.gigabyte.com/nl/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-vga
selected windows 10 64bit

I can try the DDU / new driver again (i tried it before the format, and that didnt do anything) but isn't ddu made to remove all previous installed graphic drivers ? since i formatted my pc there was no previous driver.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Remove the gpu, then try to install the the VGA driver.

Windows usually tries to install a default driver if you're still connected to the internet.

Solution