Question Fps stuttering and drops in ghost recon wildlands

poorbugger

Distinguished
I have 2 laptops with same configuration of gtx 1060 and i7 7700hq. One laptop is equipped with 16gb of ram and it's running ghost recon smoothly while the other one is only 8gb ram. Just in open areas, the one with 8gb ram will experience a lot of fps drops from 60 to 30 fps in medium settings only. Cpu and gpu temps are fine running at 3.4ghz and 1.7ghz respectively. Both of the temperatures at 70 to 80C only. So it must be the ram issue? Is 8gb of ram not enough for wildlands?

junglist724

Honorable
Apr 10, 2017
Ghost recon wildlands is only using 2.66GB of RAM on my PC but you should check how much RAM you're using overall when running the game because windows and other apps are going to eat into how much RAM the game can use. Right now on my pc Chrome alone is eating up more than 4GB. Ghost recon wildlands is one of those games that keeps running at full speed even when minimized so you don't need hardware monitoring software and an onscreen overlay, so just open task manager while the game's open.

Are they actually the same laptop model? If they're actually the same laptop model then I'd bet the one with 8GB is only using a single channel of memory.

Last edited:

poorbugger

Distinguished
Ghost recon wildlands is only using 2.66GB of RAM on my PC but you should check how much RAM you're using overall when running the game because windows and other apps are going to eat into how much RAN the game can use. Right now on my pc Chrome alone is eating up more than 4GB. Ghost recon wildlands is one of those games that keeps running at full speed even when minimized so you don't need hardware monitoring software and an onscreen overlay, so just open task manager while the game's open.

Are they actually the same laptop model? If they're actually the same laptop model then I'd bet the one with 8GB is only using a single channel of memory.
Thanks for the reply. When i use msi afterburner, ram usage for the 8gb ram is only 5.6gb ram while for the 16gb is 8gbram. At least that's what it shows on afterburner. Yes the 8gb ram is using single channel. They're not the same model. 8gb ram is acer predator 15 while the 16gb is asus gl502vmk

junglist724

Honorable
Apr 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply. When i use msi afterburner, ram usage for the 8gb ram is only 5.6gb ram while for the 16gb is 8gbram. At least that's what it shows on afterburner. Yes the 8gb ram is using single channel. They're not the same model. 8gb ram is acer predator 15 while the 16gb is asus gl502vmk
Memory usage stats in msi afterburner are for video ram, not system memory.