Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 upgrade

Jun 26, 2018
I've had a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 for a number of years now. I love it to bits, but I've just got a 8700k in there, and temps are a little high.

What I'm asking, is is the Arc Midi R2 severely outdated by now, or will buying a newer case not give me umuch in the way of a general upgrade?

All I need from a case is decent airflow, and dust filters.

Jun 26, 2018

Dark Rock 3, 140mm on front and bottom, 140mm on the back and top.

What kind of temps are you getting? Are they approaching the TjMax, or just slightly above your comfort zone? I would agree about the case being the possible limiting factor here, as your cooler should be of very high quality.

Jun 26, 2018

Yeah my temps aren't really that bad, I'm idling at around 40c, gaming at around 55-65c. And my CPU is OC'd to 4.7ghz. So pretty good really.

I'm just wondering if the Arc Midi R2 is archaic, or still decent in 2018 really.

In terms of functionality, it'll go for a couple more years no questions asked. However, aesthetically, there are a lot of features that introduce ease-of-use and visual appeal to new cases, it's up to you. Completely subjective. I myself am a fan of the P400S Tempered Glass Edition.