Question Fractal Design Celsius+ S28 in Meshify 2 case

Feb 7, 2022
Hi, new member here

This weekend I finally started building a new computer (after waiting almost a year for my 3080 ti). The case i'm using is the Fractal Design Meshify 2, with a 280 AIO (Celsius+ S28).
I mounted it in the front as an intake/push configuration. I installed it correctly, using the long screws + washers included.

This is where my problem begins : the blades of both fans are hitting the metal in the front. My first thought was to add washers,
but then the screws aren't long enough to reach the radiator. There are just two types of screws included in the kit, these long ones
and then short ones to mount the rad as an exhaust. I am also using the fans included in the box.

I tried bending the metal in the front just a bit, but that didn't help. It is way too thick to bend permanently anyway.
I marked the spots where they make contact in red on the picture attached.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this ? Are there others who have experienced the same problem with this combo ?
I'd really like to keep it front mounted. I don't know what kind of (longer) screws I need to buy, or where.
And the only other fix I can come up with is mounting it in a pull configuration. I watched some tests from Linus and Jayztwocents on push vs pull,
and the thermals seem to be almost identical. Less aesthetic in my humble opinion

Other fans where the blades are more recessed into the frame perhaps ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Link to the AIO

Pictures here :

https://ibb.co/mSjG1s9

Feb 7, 2022
uploading images to IMGUR and posting here with the 'Insert image (Ctrl+P)' option will allow images to be easily viewed in the thread without chasing them to other sites for viewing.

Yeah.. If I wouldn't have received the same error message 5x (Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator), I would agree with you :sneaky: