Review Fractal Design Define 7 Chassis Review: Versatility and Refinement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tommyhardware

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
The full height hinged front panel is a huge disadvantage. Can't play a CD without opening the panel, and if the panel is open while the CD carrier is out there a risk of breaking the CD player by pushing the panel closed. It's a pity that this stupid design is so common now.
What's a CD?

Reactions: sstanic

Pko

Feb 27, 2020
The review doesn't mention a limitation that from the pictures appears to be unavoidable... The HDs are accessible only from the other side, I mean, you must have the right side accesible to open it and manipulate the mainboard, but to change or do anything to the HDs, you need to open the opposite side. That is for me a very serious limitation, a complete deal breaker, and the article doesn't mention it. I understand that for many people is not a problem, but in my office distribution it forces to move the case out of its location and that is a problem. Or maybe I am misunderstanding the layout and can be configured for the HDs to be accessible from the same side than the mainboard?

Jan 2, 2021
Anyone have one of these and can say whether the SSD trays on the rear can house a 15mm form factor drive or if it's restricted to 7mm?

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
One of the pros should be it's still got a 5.25" slot... It's getting really tough for me to find decent cases that I can still use optical drives in. Now if one of the optical drive manufacturers would only make a drive in a black casing...
You got that right!! I would just paint the 5.25" drive black, I wanted to buy this case because it was the newest one out with a 5.25" bay, I settled for a Phanteks p500A which is nice but I had to buy an external DVD drive, I do miss my internal 5.25" bay, my last case was the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, which I still have as an older running system.

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
The full height hinged front panel is a huge disadvantage. Can't play a CD without opening the panel, and if the panel is open while the CD carrier is out there a risk of breaking the CD player by pushing the panel closed. It's a pity that this stupid design is so common now.
Can't be that hard to just open the door and close it after your done, people are just too lazy these days, alot people out there driving around don't even use their dang TURN SIGNALS any more and their just finger tips away just to turn on left or right, pure lazyness.

TRENDING THREADS