[SOLVED] Fractal Design Meshify 2 specific questions

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Hi, so I really like this case and would love to have 1.
I got a few questions before I decide that I take one.

1. Will an 3.5 HDD fit without any problems (physicall as well as technicall) with a 650 psu from corsair?
  2. Does the HDD have enough room and enough ventilation? I don't want my hdd to go hot suddenly...
  3. RGB+ light tempered glass: Is the light tempered glass light enough to see all the components at night without RGB?

Thnx for the answers. The way I see it, is if this case gives me too much trouble with HDD, I could go to SSD or I could go for a meshify 2 case.

Solution

1. Will an 3.5 HDD fit without any problems (physicall as well as technicall) with a 650 psu from corsair?
  2. Does the HDD have enough room and enough ventilation? I don't want my hdd to go hot suddenly...
  3. RGB+ light tempered glass: Is the light tempered glass light enough to see all the components at night without RGB?
Thnx for the answers. The way I see it, is if this case gives me too much trouble with HDD, I could go to SSD or I could go for a meshify 2 case.
1. It fits in mine with a 650 watt Seasonic
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/y423/Zerk2012/pc3.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/y423/Zerk2012/pc3.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  1. Never had a problem with heat from the HDD
  2. I would get the clear glass not the tinted.
If I could do it over I would get the Meshify 2 it has much more room for a video card. I put in a MSI 2080 video card and had to move the front fan down so I had to remove the hard drive cover and bay from the case. Going to mount the drives back in ( with a bit of mod work) but the cover has to stay out.

Before the card switch.

View: https://imgur.com/IHdk5FV

After the new card.

View: https://imgur.com/a/P2MhLxn

EDIT the M 2 also has 80mm more PSU space.

Last edited:
Solution

Lutfij

Titan
1| For the HDD part, yes, look here, page 7 and 8. We will need to know the model of the Corsair PSU and it's age.
2| The one that's vertical might be wedged close to the side panel but I think you should leave it as storage drive if your system isn't used as a server.
3| I'd suggest getting the clear TG version, have your ambient room light spill some light into the case and have some light from inside the case spill out, IMHO.

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/y423/Zerk2012/pc3.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  1. Never had a problem with heat from the HDD
  2. I would get the clear glass not the tinted.
If I could do it over I would get the Meshify 2 it has much more room for a video card. I put in a MSI 2080 video card and had to move the front fan down so I had to remove the hard drive cover and bay from the case. Going to mount the drives back in ( with a bit of mod work) but the cover has to stay out.

I see, yea the meshify 2 looks better but I would go all air. Does it have enough space to fit 2 topfans and lets say for example a noctua NH D 15?
I'm so sad that they didn't recreated a black case with clear tempered glass just like the meshify C...Meshify C also excist but then I would have the same problem with the GPU as stated above and comes with 1 front fan and isn't ideal anymore since better upgraded versions are available...

So it's either RGB, or that white case?

1| For the HDD part, yes, look here, page 7 and 8. We will need to know the model of the Corsair PSU and it's age.
2| The one that's vertical might be wedged close to the side panel but I think you should leave it as storage drive if your system isn't used as a server.
3| I'd suggest getting the clear TG version, have your ambient room light spill some light into the case and have some light from inside the case spill out, IMHO.

I'm still on my old build. Thats why I want to visualise my new build and ask that question first before actually buying stuff... Neither of those cases would have worked with my 8+years old Corsair CX 750 bronze. It's non modulair. So I'll have to buy a new one and I was thinking about the RM650 from 2021 or the RM650 X from 2018.

About the TG, I'm really sad that they don't release the black casee with clear TG... I actually wanted a black case from Fractal design, because of the cool mesh, the awesome airflow andit's one of the best cases to work with if you want to have good cablemanagement. Only downside of it is that I'll have to choose between rgb or the white clear TG non rgb.
Problem I have with RGB is that you kinda make those fans that come with the cases useless...

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
After the new card.

View: https://imgur.com/a/P2MhLxn

EDIT the M 2 also has 80mm more PSU space.

Now that's a problem. I want ideal airflow. So 2 140mm/3 120's at the front, 2 120's at the top and 1 120 at the back...
I want the 3060ti TUF in the future. I looked it up, and it seems to fit. The MSI card is longer. However things seem to be very close and I don't want to have to doubt about things...
So yea Meshify 2 it is! Thanks!