[SOLVED] Fractal Design Meshify C 240 or 360 AIO?

Tex-Twil

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
Hi,
I have currently the Meshify C with a BeQuiet air cooler and a i7-9700K @ 3.6 GHz (no OC) but I want to switch to an AIO. I really like the Deepcool CASTLE and I'm hesitating between the 240 and 360 (The price difference does not really matter)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/K4848d/deepcool-castle-360ex-644-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-castle-360ex

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/q32bt6/deepcool-castle-240ex-644-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-castle-240ex

According to the manual, the 360 AIO should fit to the front as long as the graphic card is not longer than 315mm which is fine as mine is 240mm.

I never had a water cooling and as far as I understand, the bigger that better as it can dissipate the heat better.

I also wonder what would be the airflow setup given that I currently have 3 Corsair LL 120 fans. One exhaust at the back and two intake in the front.

I belive with the 360 AIO, the setup would be

- 3x exhaust 120mm (1 back + 2 top)

- 3x intake 120mm pull from the AIO

what do you think?

Last edited:
Solution
Temps are good. As far as an aesthetic upgrade, you cant really go wrong with either cooler. I'd probably go ahead with the 360 if oc is in the future. Then again I'd wait until you need it, as temps are fine for now.
Are you planning to overclock, or just going to leave it be? If no to oc, dont fix what ain't broke. You're just wasting money at that point.

Bigger is usually better, but there's a point of diminishing returns. The 240mm should work fine, and the 360mm would definitely work well. But again if not overclocking the difference between the two, wont be very big.

What're your current temps that make you want to switch? Or is it just an aesthetics thing?

Yes with the 360, that fan layout should work well for you.

Tex-Twil

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
Are you planning to overclock, or just going to leave it be? If no to oc, dont fix what ain't broke. You're just wasting money at that point.

Bigger is usually better, but there's a point of diminishing returns. The 240mm should work fine, and the 360mm would definitely work well. But again if not overclocking the difference between the two, wont be very big.

What're your current temps that make you want to switch? Or is it just an aesthetics thing?

Yes with the 360, that fan layout should work well for you.
I’m not planning to overclock right now but it maybe later. The reason for an AIO is purely for aesthetics atm.

The CPU temps are
  • 30°C at idle (after boot)
  • 68°C after 5 mins of 100% CPU.
  • 75°C If I stress the GPU in the same time
  • 45°C at idle after running the stress test