Fractal Design Meshify C - QUESTION

pharmit_singh

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017
Hi, I'm planning to get the Define C and I want to know can my Maximus Formula VII, V8 GTS and 780Ti Matrix Platinum fit inside the case? The gpu won't be able to fit on the top pcie slot because of the V8 GTS's size.

You didn't say anything about an HX1000. Look at your original post. Says nothing about that.

However, the HX1000 is 180mm long, and the recommended PSU length for the Meshify C is only 175mm (Recommended). So, it COULD possibly fit, but according to NZXT 175mm is the longest they recommend using in there. Personally, looking at the configuration of the Meshify C, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have a 180mm long 750 G2 PSU in my Define S and other than the fact that the Meshify C has a PSU shroud, the case dimensions are about the same. I think it would work ok but that's your decision.

Ok, so here's the deal. There is a hard drive cage included with that case. It is removable. With it removed it can fit any length of ATX power supply. With it installed it will only accomodate a 175mm long unit. If you can live without the extra drive cages then it will work fine.

pharmit_singh

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017

Yes I did not say it before because it's a new question so that's I'm asking you now. Anyways I need to use the hard drive cage and which Corsair PSU can fit in the case?

Do you already have the HX1000?

Does it HAVE to be a Corsair PSU? There are Seasonic and EVGA units that are probably better than all of the Corsair units except maybe the AX units, that are short enough, but all of the Corsair units look like they are 180mm.

pharmit_singh

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017

Yes I already have the HX1000 and I'll sell and get a little bit of extra money to buy case fans.
Is the Corsair AF120 fans good? I'll just use the rear 1x 120mm fan and front 2x 140mm fans.

And I was thinking of the RM650x which is 160mm but you can suggest me any brand and I will look it up. Usually Corsair is easy to get in my country. The 1000w is way too much so I hope you can recommend a 650 or 750w. Thanks.

Yes, for your card you only need a good 550-600w unit so 650-750w is plenty if it is a solid power supply. The RM650x is fine. That is a good unit. Personally, I prefer Seasonic, and the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w is about ten bucks cheaper in the US, but it may not be in your country. Seasonic units are often harder to get in some regions. If not, then you are fine with the RM650x.

As far as fans go, again, that is largely up to what is available to you, but you are hands down better off if you can obtain Noctua fans. The Noctua NF-A14 140mm fans and the NF-F12 120mm fans are very good and very quiet. More than any other fans you can find anywhere as far as I'm concerned. Thermalright (NOT Thermaltake) also makes very good fans as does Noiseblocker (Blacknoise), EVGA (400-HY-FX13-KR), Be Quiet also makes some decent fans but you have to get the right models. Not all of their fans are good quality or performance.

The Corsair SP series fans are ok too, but they are a bit louder than many other fans with similar airflow and static pressure ratings.

pharmit_singh

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017

Thanks but my concern is claiming warranty might be hard on the other brands. Corsair is easy to claim warranty.
And I just searched that Seasonic is hard to get. I'll just go with the RM650x. However the fans, since you said it's similar but just a little louder, I don't mind it and does the corsair fans have warranty?

What's the difference between the AF and the SP? And the Perfomance and Quiet edition?

Corsair fans have a warranty, but it's no where near as long as Noctua. The AF stands for airflow and those are better used for exhaust fans because they don't have great static pressure. The SP stands for static pressure and those are good for intakes and on heatsinks or radiators. I'd ignore the rest of the Corsair fan lineups.

pharmit_singh

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017

So for the rear fan I'll go with the AF120 Quiet Edition but the front fans doesn't have SP140 only 120mm. (they do have the LED)
I was thinking of having 2 front fans of 140mm rather than 3x 120mm so should I go with the AF140 Quiet Edition?

Those are probably fine. Much better than the fans that come with most cases. Actually, that case should come with a couple of fans already and the Fractal Design fans that it comes with aren't too bad. Nowhere near any of the fans I listed, but not terrible either.

pharmit_singh

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017

Okay. Would it be fine if I just use the rear fan that comes with the case and just buy the front AF140 Quiet Edition fans? On the top I won't be adding a fan for better airfllow just like dmitry. Check out dmitry from hardwarekanuck's build with the case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s32Nw6WoGo

Dmitry doesn't concern me. I could make videos too. I test fans with specific equipment for sound and airflow. Anyhow, that's neither here nor there. I would DEFINITELY put at least one exhaust fan in the top rear fan location though, in addition to the rear exhaust fan.

Exhaust fans are, in reality, more important than intake fans. Having more exhaust than intake creates a negative pressure configuration which results in better cooling. Having a positive pressure configuration from too much intake and not enough exhaust will help to suppress dust, but cooling performance will suffer, and so long as you are using a case with dust filters, like the Define series cases, you don't need to worry about that anyhow.

But that's your call. I'd never rely on just one exhaust fan, ever. AND, if you're planning to overclock, I'd plan on three exhaust fans. Just my 2cents though.

pharmit_singh

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017

Alright thanks for the tips so I'll just have to add another exhaust fan on the top and I'm good right?
And also I'm using all the ports on my gpu so will the RM650x be supporting my tv and monitors or no? I have 2 tv and 2 monitors hooked up to the gpu so I'm sure that the monitors and tv don't rely on the PSU because they have their own power supply? I extend my displays so that I can multitask. Just to be sure I won't have problems like limited wattage or something using the RM650x right? I'm still learning about PC.

TV and display power isn't related to the GPU at all. So long as you have enough outputs and they are the right configurations, it is fine.

Yes on the exhaust.

The only considerations for the PSU are the system itself. CPU, GPU card, storage drives, fans, motherboard and lighting. Nothing else matters. Mostly though, it's just the CPU (Especially if overclocked) and GPU card. The recommendations found at the following link are generally enough to allow for an entire system in ADDITION to the GPU listed, with some overhead allowance for spikes or overclocking. So basically, these recommendations are higher than strictly necessary for the whole system by 20-30%. Already being above the recommendation shown here by an additional 50w just gives you even more breathing room and will probably allow the PSU to run cooler without being near peak load.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm