Fractal Design Nano S with what GPU?

Tslap

Honorable
Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm wondering what GPU would fit well into the Fractal Design Nano S. I know that practically any full sized GPUs can fit, but what I mean is can I put a gtx 1070 into the case without it hitting dangerously high temps.

I really love this case so please let me know!

Thanks

Solution
Honestly the additional temperature sensors in the ICX2 are mostly useless for non OC enthusiasts. In smaller cases they have a hard time removing the hot air from non blower coolers, which leads to thermal increases for all the components including the card itself. This is why I reccomended the blower cooler. Standard aftermarket coolers should do fine as well but you may consider another card with RGB and a lower price tag such as the strix 1070 from Asus, and given the market right now for graphics cards the 1080 costs about the same.

Tslap

Honorable
Jun 30, 2017

It won't have any heating issues if I put in a 1070 with it? I was thinking of something like possibly the EVGA FTW2 1070 because of the 9 thermals and RGB lightening effects that it has.

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Honestly the additional temperature sensors in the ICX2 are mostly useless for non OC enthusiasts. In smaller cases they have a hard time removing the hot air from non blower coolers, which leads to thermal increases for all the components including the card itself. This is why I reccomended the blower cooler. Standard aftermarket coolers should do fine as well but you may consider another card with RGB and a lower price tag such as the strix 1070 from Asus, and given the market right now for graphics cards the 1080 costs about the same.

Solution