[SOLVED] Fractal Design Node 202 Build Question

skaterblog

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
Hey all, I just want to get some feedback on the parts I have selected for my build before I got ahead with anything, I figured it would be best to ask around before doing anything.

• Fractal Design Node 202 With SFX 450w PSU
  • MSI B450I Gaming Plus AS Motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Aero ITX OC 6GB
  • G.Skill Fortis F4-2400 2x8GB DDR4 Memory
SSD and HDD I already have. I'm trying to keep everything under $1400aud which all above comes to $1325.

Solution
From what I can see, the case actually supports standard GPUs with the use of a PCI-E right angled connector (same as ITX ones) due to the layout of the case. https://support.fractal-design.com/...aphics-card-limitations-and-fan-possibilities

With this in mind, how much would an RX5700 cost opposed to the 2060 you have opted for? The 5700 beats the 2060 in almost all games, while matching and/or beating even the 2060 Super in some.

Also, you should look into getting at least 3000Mhz RAM in order to allow the Ryzen to run optimally. Especially necessary in gaming.
From what I can see, the case actually supports standard GPUs with the use of a PCI-E right angled connector (same as ITX ones) due to the layout of the case. https://support.fractal-design.com/...aphics-card-limitations-and-fan-possibilities

With this in mind, how much would an RX5700 cost opposed to the 2060 you have opted for? The 5700 beats the 2060 in almost all games, while matching and/or beating even the 2060 Super in some.

Also, you should look into getting at least 3000Mhz RAM in order to allow the Ryzen to run optimally. Especially necessary in gaming.

Solution

skaterblog

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

I have updated my ram as I have found a set of two 8GB sticks at 3200Mhz speed for just $10 more, so sweet. The second change is I've changed the PSU from a 450W Gold Rated to a 550W Gold Rated for about $10 more.

As for the cards I can get either the RTX or the RX for around the same price so I guess it's a matter of preference for me. Though you are right I will be switching out the ITX card for a full size that'll fit the case. Either one I pick it's still an upgrade from my current RX480.

Reactions: ConanLock
Although 80+ Golds are usually good quality, that is not the only determining factor. What is the manufacturer and model PSU as well? (Just making sure it's not the sort that will blow up when you use it). Also, yes, 550w is probably best for a system like yours.

skaterblog

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
One issue you will have is heat.
I don't know if you can find a suitable card with a blower cooler.
Such a cooler gets heat directly out the back of the case.
Perhaps a GTX1080/ti founder's edition.
Yeah I know heat would be an issue, however, a GTX1080 is way out of budget for me. I have opted for a slightly larger case so instead of 7 litres it's 12. Which should help somewhat, and the GPU has been changed to a 2 fan design. This I hope will decrease the problems of overheating as I don't believe there's room for any fans in the case.