Fractal Design Reveals Define Nano S Mini-ITX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks quite nice at first hand. The only "noticeable" problem I could spot is dual slot cards will be facing the PSU directly with little to no room to spare. And if you go the CWC route, then you sacrifice length and (maybe) HDD space. Not a big issue, but something I could spot easily.

Why not put the PSU up front like the CM Elise 361? And that's a mATX case. I love it.

Cheers!

Lutfij

Titan
Yuka, that custom watercooling loop you speak of with the subtraction of one of your available HDD space would actually allow you to have both 3.5" drives and both 2.5" drives populated if you go for the combo D5/DDC reservoir pumps and if you either go for Fractal's Kelvin series of watercooling gear which are Alpahcool branded hardware or EK's Predator range of watercooling gear than you have all possible fan mounts to act as possible rad mounting locations.

I love this case already. Hoping it won't weigh as much as the Defines are notoriously known for.

scrote

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

"Fractal Design doesn’t recommend installing graphics cards that take up more than two slots in width, as the power supply rests directly below the motherboard tray."

atheus

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Another win for Fractal Design. What a cutie. Makes me want to build a little brother for my Define S and Define Mini.. but I really don't need another computer. What to do!

Steve N Mavronis

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Yesterday, when I saw Fractal Design's showcase video for the Define Nano S my first thought was this is in response to the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX as direct competition. So I did a scale image comparison between the Evolv ITX and the Nano S by overlaying rear view photos of both lining up the PSU mounting screw holes. I wanted to see which case had more GPU breathing room. The Nano S has less space between a 2-slot GPU and the PSU then the Evolv ITX has. Bear in mind that the Evolv ITX has a PSU shroud in between, but it's also heavily perforated with holes. For non-reference multi-fan cooler GPUs this GPU/PSU breathing room gap may make a difference, I don't know?

dxbydt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
You guys clearly haven't seen the NCase M1. No reason to buy any other Mini-ITX case.

https://www.ncases.com/

The Fractal case seems to be over $100 cheaper, so there's a reason to buy it over the NCase M1.

phantomtofu

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
This looks really nice, I might go for it. Tired of my blue LEDs. I wonder if I could fit two 120mm radiators (like a CPU loop plus a R9 Fury X) on the front? Then move the front fan to the bottom and keep the top closed off. Or maybe just put the GPU radiator on the bottom? The GPU with the radiator should alleviate the issue of it being so close to the PSU, too.

Didenko

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
That's a nice case! The first actual mini itx tower I've seen.
There is an excellent Ncase M1. Boutique, small issue and more expensive, but excellent. Use it for a couple years, did a few modifications to the system, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.