Fractal Design Shows Off New Arc Midi R2 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuketc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
Really like this case. simple, sleek. Not too keen on cases that have a lot of plastic gimmick crap all over it. good blank canvas for a compact water cooled build

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Fractal Design makes beautiful and quiet case. I just hated moving it so bad since the final weight with everything installed can be 40lbs.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]My new "case" is an aquarium...Yea, I'm going the mineral oil pc route...Youtube it...[/citation]

Dont forget the bubbles

anonymous_user

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]noobzilla771[/nom]Simple and elegant. About time they release the windowed version (not a fan of side fans).[/citation]
I was just about to say the opposite. Although the previous Arc Midi does have the space for a side fan, it would be nice if one was included by default.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]That open-mesh top better have dust filters![/citation]

Actually, it comes covered with a foam inlay. You can remove it to add fans, but I don't think it has dust filters unless you get them with the fan.

at least, THat's how it is on my R3. I don't know why they would change the game though.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
They make great simple cases, great for living room PC since they don't have gaudy lights and run both cool and quiet. I'm considering using an Arc Mini in my upcomming living room build; small, clean, cool running, and quiet, perfect for what I need.

G

I actually like this case. I wonder if it would be a worthy upgrade from the bulky Corsair 600T?

fimbulvinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
[citation][nom]danny2000[/nom]Boring. This looks like something that you would hide; nothing that makes you say "cool!!!".[/citation]

Some people prefer their cases not to look like a set piece from Tron.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I love the fractal design naming and stuff but then I jumped to the article. BAM, like something out of Space Odyssey it's just a big old black monolithic case. move along folks, nothing to see here.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]brickman[/nom]I actually like this case. I wonder if it would be a worthy upgrade from the bulky Corsair 600T?[/citation]
I love my 600T but I do regret not checking it out in person first, it's huge. I'm going small on the next build, most likely mini-itx.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]That open-mesh top better have dust filters![/citation]

It does, but if you leave your computer running 24-7, you shouldn't need any since top fans are always exhaust fans.

G

[citation][nom]danny2000[/nom]Boring. This looks like something that you would hide; nothing that makes you say "cool!!!".[/citation]
this is for people that are tired of over designed ugly cases that are all too common. i have 2 fractal cases and i can testify that they are well designed, this makes the already popular Arc Midi even better. my only beef with fractal is that they dont have tool-less hard drive solutions, but i can get over that with the overall awesome design that they employ, hopefully the r3 revision of this case will be more tool-less

G

I have the previous version (the Arc Midi) and I love everything about it apart from the space for the side-fan. I just cut a square of metal and filled in the screw holes with some white filler and it looks great. The case is perfect, in my opinion.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]fimbulvinter[/nom]Some people prefer their cases not to look like a set piece from Tron.[/citation]
2011-05-18-troncase.jpg

Myyr

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
It looks kind of boring, very functional but boring. Looks like there will be some ability to customize your drive layout, but that just seemed excessive with the number they are providing. But I agree with the top post, this baby better have dust covers.

It looks like it will get the job done however, it just won't look good doing it.

feetus

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
[citation][nom]kinggremlin[/nom]It does, but if you leave your computer running 24-7, you shouldn't need any since top fans are always exhaust fans.[/citation]
They're not always exhaust. I use mine as intake for positive pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS