Question Fractal Lumen S24 V2 AIO is making a weird noise ?

May 26, 2023
The noise isn't that prevalent during idle, it only seems to happen when under load (gaming ect). I've tried a few things, thinking it's trapped air in the pump, but I'm not quite sure anymore. The CPU temps seemed to stay normal during gaming, haven't done any CPU stress testing yet but might soon. Maybe someone can identify the noise and give me some insight? Cheers! https://streamable.com/sp6kqr

May 26, 2023
Have you tried stopping each cooling fan to rule out a bearing noise? Have you tried setting the case on it;s side to see if the sound changes?
I've turned off every individual fan and the noise didn't go away, which makes me certain it is a pump problem. Also which side should i turn it on? like glass up? I've also tried tilting it 45 degrees every way which didn't seem to solve the problem.

With the pc off put the pc on its side glass side up. Then turn on pc and give it a couple of minutes to see if their is possibly an air bubble. Also what is your pc build? You say it only happens when gaming or under load. Have you ruled out coil whine from your gpu?

May 26, 2023
With the pc off put the pc on its side glass side up. Then turn on pc and give it a couple of minutes to see if their is possibly an air bubble. Also what is your pc build? You say it only happens when gaming or under load. Have you ruled out coil whine from your gpu?
Set the pc on it's side and nothing changed- the same noise remained and CPU temps didn't go above 40C. Also pretty sure there is no bottlenecking since my PC is performing as expected.
Specs: i7 13700kf
gigabyte z790 UD
amd radeon 6950 xt
Straight Power 11 Platinum 1000W

How does one identify GPU coil whine?

Last edited:
Set the pc on it's side and nothing changed- the same noise remained and CPU temps didn't go above 40C. Also pretty sure there is no bottlenecking since my PC is performing as expected.
Specs: i7 13700kf
gigabyte z790 UD
amd radeon 6950 xt
Straight Power 11 Platinum 1000W

How does one identify GPU coil whine?
Run a benchmarking program like heaven https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven and set it to it's higest settings. If the noise happens while the program is running, then stops when the program is done it is coil whine.