Question Fractal Meshify 2 Compact HDD cage question

Apr 2, 2021
Advice from PC Builder about removing HDD Cage on Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
I am being told by my system builder (well known UK Company ) that it is unwise to remove the HDD cage as I have requested as it will alter the structural integrity of the case and the physical support of the motherboard.
Is there any reason why I should not go ahead with my request as my build does not require HDD's and I am using a long CPU

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering you can get 2.5" HDD's, I'm curious to ask which caddy/tray's are you wanting to remove? I'm also confused on why someone who might come off as a professional builder would suggest that the case's structural integrity will be compromised by the removal of said caddy's...?

I'm assuming you're talking about the HDD cage located underneath the PSU shroud/basement. The HDD cage can be removed, as stated in their manual, page 25~26.

Apr 2, 2021
Thank you for your answer as it supports what I was led to believe though research.
I am posting the response I received from my builder, which I can assure you is a recognised company and often mentioned in YouTube reviews
I have just posted to them the relevant parts of the manual that you pointed me towards.
Personally I believe that as it is not one of their "stock cases" and one that I sent in, "someone" is erring on the side of caution as they might have to read the case manual :unsure:

However I have no intentions of dissing the Company as it's a respectable price, I have used them before and more importantly, I have waited over 90 working days for a RTX 3080

"
Your new message is below. Please note that you can ONLY reply by logging into your account at www.xxxxx.co.uk and clicking on "Inbox":

Dear XXX XXXX

Thank you for the message. I have spoken to the production team and they have said that the 3.5" hard drive cage in the Fractal Meshify 2 Compact case is built into the basement and also provide support to the motherboard tray. They therefore advise that it is not removed as it is both out of the way of any other internal components, and helps provide structural support to motherboard tray. It can be removed if you wish but they do not recommend it.

If we can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many Thanks
XX XXXX

Last edited: