Question Frame drops in Valorant ?

Sep 10, 2022
I recently got frame drops in valorant which makes my game lag, even capping the framerate at a certain point doesnt help at all,
i feel like i get more lagspikes even though i capped it with rivatuner. I really don't know what else could be the reason that makes my game lag so hard.
could the budget PSU and bad airflow in the case affect the performance?
GPU is at 78 degrees max, CPU is around 66-67 degrees.

my specs are:
mobo: B450 MSI Pro m2 max (updated the bios already)
ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200MHZ
cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super
cooling: NZXT Kraken X53
psu: Aero MPC-Power Silent 650W
storage: SSD 480GB Solid State Disk EMTEC
HDD 2TB Seagate BarraCuda

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

B450 MSI Pro m2 max (updated the bios already)
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

What OS are you on? If you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

could the budget PSU and bad airflow in the case affect the performance?
Possible. You forgot to pass on the make and model of your case and the orientation of the fans in said case.

Have you tried using DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform and then manually reinstalling said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, using the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site?

Sep 10, 2022
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
the BIOS version is 7B84vAF, however since i updated it had a little graphical bug not sure if I should be concerned about it.
its like a tiny little black box.
What OS are you on? If you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.
I'm using a custom iso of windows 10 20h2 version (OS Build 19042.631)
Possible. You forgot to pass on the make and model of your case and the orientation of the fans in said case.
the case is a be quiet! pure Base 600, i've build in the 240mm AIO in the front, got 2 more fans on the top and one in the back.
Have you tried using DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform and then manually reinstalling said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, using the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site?
I actually downloaded my driver via NVCleanInstall (current driver is the 516.94),which is the latest.
I could actually try reinstalling it with DDU.

Sep 10, 2022
You have one more BIOS version pending update.
yeah just don't want to update it to a beta release, because it might not be stable.
You also have to update your OS, seeing how we've been on 21H2 for quite a while(nearly a year).
I could try that maybe
Fan orientation?
the front ones are soaking the air inside and the upper and back ones blowing the air out.