Question Frametime Spikes Every Minute On The Dot

schaperb9

Prominent
Nov 23, 2018
Just as the title says, I have noticed I am getting frame time spikes every minute on the dot. Cant seem to get to the bottom of it. Tried basic stuff like updating drivers, removed driver with DDU and reinstalled, etc and nothing has worked. I have an rx580 8gb (sapphire nitro+) if that matters at all. I'm going to go ahead and assume its something running in the background at this point, but I am unsure how to identify which program it is. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I had a screen shot of afterburner with the frame time graph but I can't seem to find it. Ill grab another and post here if that will help identify the problem. Thanks in advance.

Apr 10, 2019
I am losing my Removed mind with the exact same issue as you. I have tried pretty much everything to no avail. What's weird is that it is in every game and im getting a 20ms spike to whatever my current FT is every 61 seconds on the dot.At 240 FPS, it'll go from roughly 5ms to 25 ms and at 60 FPS itll go from 18ms to 38 ms.

If you find a solution please let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 10, 2019
for me - it only happens in some games (for example fortnite and Kovaaks), I can be sitting in the menu not touching anything and it’ll stutter like clock work every 60 seconds. however CODMW will run without any spikes if I sit in the menu.

Apr 10, 2019
If you have a slideshow on your Windows background then check your Settings, Background, Slideshow is not set to change every 1 minute as some people have narrowed down spikes to that.

Andy

I've seen this, I don't have slideshow set. Still getting the spikes. Since it only happens in some games I guess its related to the games and not my hardware?

ForgottenMythz

Prominent
May 7, 2021
Just as the title says, I have noticed I am getting frame time spikes every minute on the dot. Cant seem to get to the bottom of it. Tried basic stuff like updating drivers, removed driver with DDU and reinstalled, etc and nothing has worked. I have an rx580 8gb (sapphire nitro+) if that matters at all. I'm going to go ahead and assume its something running in the background at this point, but I am unsure how to identify which program it is. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I had a screen shot of afterburner with the frame time graph but I can't seem to find it. Ill grab another and post here if that will help identify the problem. Thanks in advance.
Hello, I am facing the same problem can you tell me did you ever find any fix?