Free Windows 10 + AMD Drivers

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
I just built my first ever Ryzen 3 2200g build.

Ryzen 3 2200g
MSI B350 Tomahawk
8GB DDR4 2400mhz ram

Now I am facing issues using a pirated Windows 10, I'm having issues updating it for my AMD Drivers. it won't let me update the Windows 10 April version, it always fails. From that, I'm always facing issues everytime I install Amd Drivers. I learned my lesson and I ain't going to use any of it anymore.

My question is, if I am going to use free Windows 10 on the Windows website, would I experience head aches on this when it comes to updating to latest drivers or whatever windows needs to update? Will this let me update my AMD drivers? I'm planning to buy the license key once I have the money already. :D

After Windows 10 update, let's say it is successful, do I need to install AMD drivers for gaming? If needed, what are the drivers that I need?

I'm really frustrated because I can't make this pc work properly for my games. Help... It's so close yet so far... help...

Solution
All your problems started with the "pirated" Windows software. Format and perform a clean install using Windows 10 downloaded directly from Microsoft (free download). You will see the nagware watermark in the lower right hand part of your display saying to activate windows and you will not be able to customize the display or taskbar, but those are the only limitations to running Windows 10 without activation. You will receive all updates that are relevant to your system.

As for drivers, download those directly from AMD.

-Wolf sends

chemistu

Honorable
May 4, 2017
You won't get any help regarding pirated software here, it is banned by the terms and conditions you agreed to on signing up to the forum.

Seriously though - you can buy a working Win 10 Pro key off Amazon for less than £15, why steal software?

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

Yeah, I'm putting that in my mind. But Windows 10 is free right now in Windows website, if I use that, would I still get all the updates needed for my Ryzen to work?

Wolfshadw

Titan
All your problems started with the "pirated" Windows software. Format and perform a clean install using Windows 10 downloaded directly from Microsoft (free download). You will see the nagware watermark in the lower right hand part of your display saying to activate windows and you will not be able to customize the display or taskbar, but those are the only limitations to running Windows 10 without activation. You will receive all updates that are relevant to your system.

As for drivers, download those directly from AMD.

-Wolf sends

Solution

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
I see. Thanks man! Just to make sure, I have to download all the windows updates first before installing AMD Drivers, right? Just leave the pc update windows untouched and uninterrupted first?

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

I see. Thanks, I'm downloading the free Windows 10 now. And I'm going to put it on my usb. This is literally making me nervous. I hope everything works now.

USAFRet

Titan

Just to be clear, it is not a "free" Windows 10.
It is exactly the same install as a $100 Win 10 you purchase directly from Microsoft. It is just unactivated, with the small restrictions that brings.
It will run like that, seemingly forever. I have a Win 10 Pro installed in a VM, to test exactly this. Installed Dec 8 2016, almost 2 years.
Runs exactly the same as Day 1.

When you do this install, you need to completely wipe ALL partitions on your current drive, and start with a single blank space.
How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
Hi guys. Installing the inactivated windows 10 resolved all of my problems. Yup, lesson learned, never use pirated ones because it's a pain in the butt + it is stealing. All the AMD Drivers were successfully installed. Thanks again guys! You all the best!