FreedomPop Launches Free Mobile Phone Service with Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I purchased and use the hotspot they sell for an organization I am a part of. It works great in my location. We use the basic 500MB data plan and have never been billed for anything. Of course, we have not gone over our 500MB either.

I plan on getting this phone for my youngest son who just needs something basic right now.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
seems like a really good plan on paper. not sure of how it translates in real world experience. I find that my plan with virginmobile is a great value so I wouldnt change for this. I use roughly 1.5gb data a month. however this plan would work great for someone who doesnt use alot of data and minutes.

fadebloom

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Wow, converting the voice calls to such a small amount data and using Clearwire's 4G network is a great idea!

When I first read the headline, my initial thought was "ad supported" but I was impressed it's not the case. I hope they do well!

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Considering 44 percent of Americans don't own a smartphone: 35 percent use traditional cell phones, and 9 percent have no cell phone at all, there is a big potential for this.

MikeySoft

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Announcing but what about shipping? For example, the Freedom Spot MiFi 5580. I ordered on the morning of the first day they had it on their web site (Aug 6, almost 2 months ago) and they have not shipped it yet. But they charged my credit card the day I ordered it!

MikeySoft

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Announcing but what about shipping? For example, the Freedom Spot MiFi 5580. I ordered on the morning of the first day they had it on their web site (Aug 6, almost 2 months ago) and they have not shipped it yet. But they charged my credit card the day I ordered it!

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Got my phone yesterday. It is an older model HTC with a 4" screen and running ICS with no bloatware. It came with an 8GB SD card installed. This is a Christmas present for my preteen son, so this phone is perfect for him. It is very responsive so far and I get good service, which I should since I live and work along the IH-35 corridor. It comes with 200 voice minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB data a month at no charge. Of course, you can upgrade this and add other services like rollover, for a monthly fee of course. There are some unboxing videos on Youtube that go into more detail about the phone specifics. Sorry to sound like an ad but thought some folks would like know.

Status
Not open for further replies.