[SOLVED] Freesync enable in a non freesync monitor

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Hi there, I just got the new adrenaline 20.2.2 software, and i started messing around with the software features, I activated the Radeon freesync, but my monitor is an Asus VE278, which is not freesync compatible, so I just wanna ask leaving it active will do something or nah?

Solution
if you had both at same time active , Id agree.. free sync and enhanced sync don't work well together.. or the Vsync in games and enhanced sync. my own setup I don't use any in game v-sync, nor free sync and I just use enhanced sync and limit some games with frame rate limiter in game. Ive fiddled with AMD cool and quiet and it works well too , I set mine (when I use it) to 60 - 90 fps and it seems to work well to stop tearing , but most times I just use enhanced sync

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
If your monitor itself doesn't have Freesynce then you can't enable it.
i mean i can enable it in the software, which is weird because the software has to detect my monitor and will see if it's compatible or not, but as all this is changing i don't know they might do something, just like scale the resolution is possible, why making free sync compatible with my monitor won't be possible

i mean i can enable it in the software, which is weird because the software has to detect my monitor and will see if it's compatible or not, but as all this is changing i don't know they might do something, just like scale the resolution is possible, why making free sync compatible with my monitor won't be possible

I'm not sure why you can enable it, it may just be incorrectly detecting your monitor, but if you monitor itself doesn't have the actual technology, it either wont due anything or cause issues. Just leave it disabled.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
maybe he means enhanced Sync? which is for non free sync monitors, I use it on mine and it does seem to make a difference in preventing tearing and I only use a HDMI TV. with it off , tearing is quite noticeable at times, and vsync in games seem to kill fps so the enhanced sync lets me use max fps and I get hardly no tearing

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
maybe he means enhanced Sync? which is for non free sync monitors, I use it on mine and it does seem to make a difference in preventing tearing and I only use a HDMI TV. with it off , tearing is quite noticeable at times, and vsync in games seem to kill fps so the enhanced sync lets me use max fps and I get hardly no tearing
Nope i feel the game weird when i had enhanced activated

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
if you had both at same time active , Id agree.. free sync and enhanced sync don't work well together.. or the Vsync in games and enhanced sync. my own setup I don't use any in game v-sync, nor free sync and I just use enhanced sync and limit some games with frame rate limiter in game. Ive fiddled with AMD cool and quiet and it works well too , I set mine (when I use it) to 60 - 90 fps and it seems to work well to stop tearing , but most times I just use enhanced sync

Solution